Chapter 20: New Life?

Directly From last Chapter

Percy POV

"Alright, your turn, Gray. Just like the others, name, and favorite things to do and hobbies." I told someone on my team. All of the leaders had taken their groups for a "Get to Know Each Other" game. 

Gray had black hair with gray streaks, not of old age but they actually looked pretty shiny in his hair. He was more the goth type, with one black cross earring in his ear. Gray also wore black leather pants and a black leather jacket on top of a muscle tank-top.

"Well, um, my name is Gray. I like fighting, um, I also like drawing realistic stuff so yeah. I'm seventeen years old. Favorite color is black."

"Alright, well that's the last one," I said while walking over to the window. I recognized the familiar plains. "We're about there, guys. So get your stuff and get seated. I'm going to go talk with the others, ok?"

"Ok." They all said.

The warship was huge, and I mean HUGE. I had to walk down multiple hallways just to find Luke's group. I knocked on the door and Luke opened it.

"We're almost there, get packing," I said quickly and went down a few more rooms. 

I did the same for all of the other groups, and told them to meet at the tailgate of the warship. As I got closer back to the warship's center, I heard lots of talking.  I had rallied everyone into the same room. 

"Everyone have their full group?"

"Yes." 

"Ok, here's what we're going to do. I want my group and-"

I was interrupted by a loud boom. Everyone froze for a second, until more booms were heard. My friends stayed somewhat calm, but chatter quickly filled the air. They sounded like cannons, which were not good.

"Time to test yourselves! The monastery is under attack! This is not a drill! I need everyone to be quiet and remain calm!"

The noises died down quickly, and I went full commando mode. 

"Everyone stays with their leader! Get your parachutes ready and be prepared to drop! My group will go first, Zoe and Luke you will follow. I want Charles's group and Ethan's group to man the ship's cannons and cover for us! Silena and Bianca, take your groups and be ready to come out prepared when we land! Dakota, Castor, Lee and Michael, I want you to spread out and help where it is needed, everyone understand?" 

I got a bunch of, "Yes Percy". People started rushing around.

"Percy don't go! I've seen their army, its too big for just two hundred!" Chaos came running in.

"The monastery's under attack. I have to."

"Percy," she whispered softly, holding my hand. "It's already gone. I saw it. We got Orpheus, Theseus and Achilles out, but it's... gone."

As soon as she said that, I got super angry. How dare they destroy my home? The one I've lived in for the past years, the one where I've made so many memories with my friends, it's gone. Forever. Rebuilding it won't rebuild the memories made there. I had to go and get revenge.

"I'm going," I growled, and took my parachute. I quickly strapped it on and was the first one out, followed by my group and Zoe's and Luke's groups.

"No!" Chaos cried out. 

I looked back to see her strapping on a parachute too.

"Chaos, no!" 

But she didn't seem to hear me. She just put it on. And then she jumped. I shook my head and stared at the upcoming war. It was Chronos's army. How had he found the monastery? It was hidden well, by so much magic. He couldn't have just possibly found it just like that, could he? Either way, I was going to take his head.