Chapter 29: Angel of Death

A Few Weeks Later

Percy POV

I ran through the forest, until I heard him.

"Well well well, if it isn't the hooded man again."

I rolled my eyes under my hood and spoke in his mind. Get out of my way.

"How about no?" he said.

Honestly, this voice of Olympus has really been annoying me. The voice has been constantly bothering me after I've been reappearing at the camps and Artemis's hunt as well to drop off candidates. This guy, apparently sent by Zeus, keeps trying to stop me.

Who are you even?

"Name is Hermes, one of the Olympians. I've been sent by my father to capture you, so I suggest you stand down."

How about no? I mocked him.

He grumbled a bit before coming at me. For being the god of speed, he wasn't so speedy. Or maybe it's just because I was faster. I simply let him come at me, and started to play with him.

I love tag! I said, running around at his speed. We ran around in circles until I got bored and decided to disappear into the air. I knew Zeus could sense me, but I really didn't care. I had stronger power over the domains of all of the Olympians. I used to not be able to have control over love and whatnot, but the Mati allows me to have the power of love and lust and other things dealing with love inside of me. Now I can sense heartbreak, love, and more. I was also very bloodlust for war, like Ares. I could control plants, fire, make anything in a forge, water, the sky, bows and arrows, had the power of visions, could hunt really well, could read minds, etc. You get the idea.

So I lingered around Hermes a bit, smirking and laughing at his confused expression.

"Where did you go?" he yelled.

I also got bored of that, and decided to fly to a nearby location. The Mati gave me the ability to track where people were being abused. Over the last five weeks since Unknown died, I have killed thirty-five people. So a person a day keeps me feeling okay. Not the best line, but it's still a work in progress.  

I have been all over the news, which I watch in my moving home. I basically have a tent like the Hunters, and my backpack has my bed, weapons, and other belongings in it which include my TV. It's a big bag that can turn into a pendant which I put on my chain.

After I've done a kill and saved someone who's been abused, I write a message in the victim's blood. It usually describes what they did and why they deserved to die. Here is an example of my last one:

48 year-old Jack Rogers has been accused of rape, murder, child-abuse, kidnapping and sexual assault. I have sent the three female children and two male children to the nearest orphanage, two miles down. The 35 year-old lady who was also abused and raped has been sent with them.

-Angel of Death

That's what I wrote in Jack's blood on the wall of his trashed apartment room. Drugs were everywhere, alcohol bottle littered the floors, and blood was being scraped off by scarred children. As for the body, I set it up to pose for the police when they arrived on the scene. 

Other people I killed were abusing demigods or legionnaires, and those demigods and legionnaires were now happily living in camps. My victims were sent to Hades realm as well, in the Fields of Punishment. I had a way of knowing. I also had gotten some recruits for the Hunters of Artemis. Speaking of the hunters, they did not like me going into their camps to drop off young girls. Little did they know I used to live with them.