Chapter 26: Blind

A Few Days Later

Percy POV

"Welcome Empress Chaos, the First in the world and all, and the Abyss and Void!" Castor cheered loudly.

Chaos rolled her eyes at the hooded figure as she stepped into the Olympian Throne room. All of the gods were seated, and each hooded figure was lined up behind the deity of Creation.

"Shut up, Vex. Anyway, I think you gods are certainly doing better. As for the campers, they are improving. I will require that the Hunters stay with the Eternals, same for the Amazons. Alright?"

Artemis looked ready to explode but she nodded.

"I also have this..." Chaos pulled out a sheet, and read it aloud. "War will be declared soon, so prepare to lose. We also have someone very, very important... From Aeon."

"That's..." faltered Zeus.

"I know, it's weird. You don't tell someone you are about to declare war." finished Chaos.

"But who do they have?" asked Athena.

"I do not know. According to him, the person they have is important. Can anyone think of someone important?"

They all had the same person in mind: Percy. But they knew he was dead.

"He's dead..." mumbled Hades.

Tears started to form in Chaos's eyes, but no one noticed. Probably because she covered her face by turning around. "Then this meeting is over. Artemis, I will be expecting your Hunters this week. As for Queen Hylla, I will see her too. Good bye."

My eyes shot open. I scanned my surroundings. Where was I? A familiar cell... Oh no, this seriously couldn't be happening. But what had happened? All I remember was me being shown my memories, as if I lived through every single second of it. And then from there on I was shown the current events, the present, living through it.

I looked down, and saw my bruised, bloodied body. I was alone. It was dark. Yet I could see so well. Then I heard them. Footsteps. I looked carefully through my cell, and saw someone familiar at the door frame. It was him. Same green-gold eyes, same wings that erected from his back. it was all the same.

"Aeon," I whispered, and he laughed. It was a merry laugh, but a laugh that was covered with malice. He walked slowly towards me, nodding. I stood up, immediately. i reached out, but he was too far.

"Yes, it's me, Perseus."

"Why?" It was all I could think of. Why?

"Why were you born? Why were you hurt, betrayed? Why were you tortured? Why were you the reborn, or whatever? Why are you the prophesized savior?"

And he had hit my mark. The big, red circle painted on my head. Just begging for someone to go through what I went through. But that wasn't me. I didn't want people to have that happen to them, have their feelings all mixed, for them to be scarred in every single way possible, humane or not. It was too much.

"You've been in a coma for a long time, Perseus. I have studied your brain. You have relived your whole 27 years of living, well, regular time. Otherwise you'd technically be 150 years old. And then your ending was rushed, due to your second life. And because of that second life, you have literally been able to see every single even concerning this war, enemy's side and your ally's side."

My body shook in confusion and realization. I knew everything, but that meant me being in a coma. How old was I? Twelve?

"H-how o-o-old am I?" I asked with uncertainty.