𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒆𝒏

"Jungkook, how are you?" I whisper on my own while my eyes eyeing his figure through my screen. I can't lie, I miss him.

My fingers unconsciously grab my phone and went straight up to a music streaming application. As if I got possessed, my finger type my time and touch the play button. Oh, how much I hate myself to love this song so much.

Inhales deeply, I let the melody play and his familiar honey voice filling my ears, mind and soul.

'But is it too fast, the traces of what I've missed' a part that Namjoon mentioned earlier. My heart beats faster the more I listen to his voice.

'Oh I can't call ya I can't hol' ya
Oh I can't
And yes you know yes you know
Oh I can't call ya I can't touch ya
Oh I can't
Let me know
Can I someday finna find my time'

Why do I feel like he was singing to me?
Why am I torturing myself?

My hands doing the job on its own again and stopped the song immediately. I can't take this anymore. I should do something.

AUTHOR POV

In the same time, somewhere in the same city, a man was laying on his bed staring at his phone screen. His lips rise up a little at the scene that he was watching but at the same timing, a droplet of his own tears fell on his screen as well. "I miss you, I miss you so much, Hana."

The Next Day,

A man who found himself crying to sleep last night was kicking and punching the sandbag now. His breath was echoing in the company gym room since it was early in the morning so there's no one around. He continues his boxing until a familiar voice distract him.

"Jungkook, you're early again?" Jungkook turns to the voice in seconds before set his gaze back on the sandbag.

"I can't sleep so I came here." Jungkook know where the conversation heading to but still, out of his respect for his oldest brother-alike-members, he replied him.

"And yet, you skipped breakfast before come here to workout. How many times I told you not to skip breakfast, Kook?"

"Jin hyung, you know I never have breakfast, the only time I ever had breakfast was when Han- ..." He halted on his own sentences, feeling bitter when he almost mentioned her name again. "I-I will take care on my own, don't worry." with that, Jungkook walk past Seokjin who stay still on his spot.

"Jungkook, there's something I wanted to tell you." there's something from Seokjin's tone that makes the younger one stop on his track.

"If you're going to nag again, I swear-"

"It's about her."

"W-What??!" Jungkook couldn't believe his ears. Both of them know what Seokjin means and Jungkook was even surprised at the sudden mentioned of her. "What do you mean, hyung?"

"Actually, I-" Seokjin didn't manage to finish his sentence as his phone started to ring. Sighing, Seokjin took out his phone and furrow his eyebrow, it was an unknown number. He declined the call, thinking it was some sasaeng or any prank calls. The moment he tried to put the phone back to his pocket, a message come in again interrupting the intense air between both of them.

Let out another sigh, Jungkook poke his inner cheeks knowing he has to wait for another minute again. Seokjin read the message and widened his eyes. It looks like he was freeze on where he stood.

"Hyung? What is it? Hyung?!" The younger one grows impatient at his behaviour.

"I-I'm sorry Jungkook. There's something I need to take care of. I'll be right back." Seokjin runaway with Jungkook shouting his names.

"Hyung! You can't leave me like this! Yah, Jin Hyung!!"

But Seokjin couldn't turn back to calm him down. He definitely can't. Not after reading her messages.

'Jin, it's me, Hana. I'm back in Seoul now. Can we meet? I want to talk to you but please, don't tell him about this. Call me back.' and with that, Seokjin run to his car and impatiently call that so-called unknown number.

"Hana? Oh My God! It's really you! Where are you now?"

***

"How are you, Han?" Seokjin couldn't believe Hana is here, sitting right in front of him. "Oh my God, I still can't believe you're here. It's been years! I miss you a lot!" Before she managed to reply, he added some more and laugh, definitely feeling happy that his old good friend come back.

"I'm doing fine. I miss you a lot too, Jin! How are you? How are the boys? How is- he doing?" She plays with her drink with her hand before slurping a little and let her gaze fall down as the mention of him with lower voice.

"Actually, when you called me earlier, I was with him." Seokjin paused and Hana look up instantly at him. "I was about to tell him about- wait, how about your baby? Don't tell me you-"

"Wait, how could you know about my baby???!" Hana was surprised at the mention of her baby, no one was supposed to know about it.

"The doctor told me after I convinced him. I feel like he's hiding something and he's so concerned about both of you so-"

"H-He... He doesn't know about it, right?" Hana muttered slowly while searching for any hint from Seokjin's facial expression but the man just shakes his head softly.

"I was about to tell him when you call me."

"Jin, no. Please. I-"

"Han, he deserved to know. He's the father and he deserved to know. Yes, I know how you felt and yes, he's at wrong but he's a victim too, just like you Hana. I'm just-I can't see you two suffer any longer. Both of you are my best friends and my heart ache seeing Jungkook in pain daily. Do you know? He spent almost a month in hospital and two months at home. When his physical has been healed, his mentality and heart hasn't. Yeah, he's much better now compares to the first year after you left but he still can't sleep well at night. He barely getting any sleep. I always watching him close and he seems to get tired of my nag so he started to eat well and take care of himself too. Still, I know there are parts of him that feels empty. Hana, please. Give him a chance. Give you both a chance."

Seokjin words makes her heart ache. No matter how much pain he caused her in the past, she knew that she never stops loving him. Maybe she should give him a chance? Maybe? At least to explain, anything? But, sometime words are easier to come out compare to action.

"I'll think about it, Jin." She flashed him a small smile and the latter return it willingly.

"Great, now tell me about your baby!"

"So, his name is Hanwoo."

Somewhere, in the same time...

"Hanwoo! Come over here! Hey buddy!" A familiar voice was chasing the little one as he was laughing while running with his short little legs. His gaze and focus were merely on the taller man chasing behind him, not realizing what coming in front of him until he bumps into someone who doesn't seem to watch he heading to either.

"Oh? I-I'm sorry!" Being a gentle little baby he is, Hanwoo instantly apologize and notices the phone was laying on the ground as the effect of them bumping into each other. Without any hesitates he picks it up and about to give it back to the owner when something in the phone caught his eyes.

"Ahjussi, why you have my mommy photo in your phone?"

"Y-Your mommy???"