𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑭𝒐𝒖𝒓

"Jungkook, I'm ready! Let's go!" Hana came back in no time and Jungkook turn around only to flash her a smile that looks different. "What happened? Is there something wrong?" She added but her lover just shakes his head slowly.

"Nothing. Let's go." He fakes a smile before give a sign to Hana to walk ahead first. Shrugging it off, Hana walks ahead followed by Jungkook who secretly hiding something inside his coat.

The silence crept into the air on their way home after the dinner. Throughout the whole dinner, Hana keeps studying Jungkook's unusual behaviour. She wasn't sure about what happened to her boyfriend but one thing she's sure about is, Jungkook was hiding something big. Big enough to distract him for the whole dinner date.

"So, are you going to tell me what happened to you that you look so bothered tonight?" Hana speak up once Jungkook park his car safely in front of her apartment building. They promise each other to always speak up if there's anything bothering them rather than keeping it as secret. So she hopes that, at least her boyfriend remember about that and tell her everything.

"What do you mean?" seems like he forgot their promises. His tone was even sounding annoyed.

"Are you serious? Do you even look at yourself? You look bothered since we left. Do you even listening to me when I talk to you earlier about my work? Do you even enjoy your food? Do you even realize that you didn't finish your food which is something you never do unless you're sick? Jungkook, something is bothering your mind and you refuse to tell me, your girlfriend!" She let out everything in her mind, hoping her boyfriend would at least tell her the truth.

"I-It's nothing, Hana. I'm just tired. Please get in." He spares her a quick glance before look away in seconds.

"Jeon Jungkook!" She only calls his full name when she reaches her limit, but even a mad Hana couldn't change Jungkook's mind right now.

"I want to be alone now, Hana. If you excuse me, please get off." His tone was rather cold and not to mention, his eye gaze. He looks like a different person for her.

"Then why tf you dragged your ass here, Jeon? I hate you." She yelled back at him before get off from his car and slam the car door close. Without waiting for her to get in safely like he used to, he drives away almost instantly leaving her drown in confusion and pain.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Jungkook?" a tear slipped from her eyes, hurt by his behaviour. Scared because of her overthinking and the what-ifs. How she's going to sleep tonight, knowing something happened with her one and only boyfriend?

She doesn't have any idea, the only thing she could do praying that Jungkook would be alright.

"Yeah, maybe he just needs sometime alone. Once he settles with his stress, he will come back to you and tell you everything, right? Just like he used to. Yeah, it's nothing Hana. Go to sleep, tomorrow will be better." that's the only thing she keep reminding herself. She tried to keep calm and sleep but she would tear up another minute by imagining the worst scenario.

That night, two wandering souls hurting and lost at each other thoughts.

Hana's better-tomorrow never come. Ever since that day, Jungkook has changed to someone one she doesn't know. Every time they met up, it will feel odd and awkward. He doesn't even talk much and even when she tried to hug and kiss him, he would just give some plain response or no response at all. Hana tried to confront him few times but his answer would always be,

"There's nothing. You're just overthinking." is she really overthinking though?

She never feels this sick before. She couldn't eat well lately and today it become worst when she keeps puking in the morning. Maybe the issue with Jungkook makes her lost appetite. Maybe if she tells him that she's sick, he would get worry and come to her, right?

With her hopeful thinking, she sent a text to her boyfriend.

'Jungkook, I feel sick today. Can you accompany me to visit my doctor?' her hand become cold after sending the message. She wonders why she has to feel this way after texting her boyfriend. She shouldn't have felt this way, right?

'No. I'm busy right now. Ask your manager to drive you.' a dry laugh escape her lips.

'Okay, take care. I love you.'

"Why should I even bother-" she couldn't finish her words as sobs escape faster from her lips.

***

"Miss Park Hannah. Congratulations." the doctor smile brightly at her but she was lost.

"W-What do you mean?" She tried to shrug the voice whispering inside her mind.

"You're four weeks pregnant, Miss Park! Congratulations!" her palms slowly move towards her belly and caress it softly. A baby? A drop of happiness tears falls on her cheek. She was so happy about the news but the moment she stepped out from the doctor room, the world feels like collapsing down to her feet.

"This couldn't be real, right? It's not him, right?" She questioning inside herself but she knows that her eyes didn't lie. Even though he has his cap and mask on, Hana know him so well. It's him. "What is he doing here?" Her instinct instantly walks away and turn around in the nearby corner before take a peek back at the scene.

A soft gasp escapes her lips when she notices that he's not alone. He talks to a woman who wear a familiar hoodie beside him, it's so familiar because it looks like her favourite one of Jungkook's hoodies.

"It's just a coincidence, right? There are lots of same hoodie in this world, Hana. Jungkook couldn't be the only one who own it, right?" again, she was comforting herself but the moment she witnesses how gently Jungkook hold her waist and help her stand up before walk into the doctor room, her heart aching so bad that makes her feel suffocate. A soft smile playing on his lips didn't go unnoticed by her as well.

"He said he was busy!!" she cried out and leaving the suffocate place while taking her phone out, trying her luck.

'Jungkook, where are you now?'

"Please don't lie to me. Please." She was praying while walking back to her car.

Once she unlocked and get inside the car. A notification distracts her from her thoughts and she immediately check her phone only to feel another stab in her heart.

'I'm working at company. Stop bothering me.'

Inhales deeply, she let her emotion take over and cry her heart out. Holding tightly on the steering wheel, she let her head lean on it. The doctor's words replay in her mind once again.

'You're four weeks pregnant, Miss Park! Congratulations!' she cried even more at the thought.

Slowly, she takes a look at her phone's lock screen. It was the picture of Jungkook and her. Smile bitterly, she wipes away her tears and shake her head.

"It's nothing. You're just overthinking because of your sickness and pregnancy. You shouldn't let this got you, Hana. You're stronger than this. Yeah, of course he might be lying to you at the moment but there must be a reason, right? Like what he did back then. There must be a strong reason about why he lied to you. Yeah, you should trust him even more Hana. You shouldn't doubt him. Give him time and you'll find out the reasons." She keeps chanting those sentences to herself, trying hard to force a smile.

She loves Jungkook, way too much and she wouldn't get this thing got between them.

"Give me the worst of you, because I want you anyway."