𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

It was around midnight when both of them sat on her medium-sized balcony with two cups of warm tea to company them through the chilly night.

"Thank you for let me stay." Jungkook was the first one who broke the silence between them.

"You're welcome. Hangguk has been waiting to meet you for so long. No matter how mad I was, I don't have a heart to keep you away from him anymore. Look at how happy he was." Hana muttered softly while sipping her warm tea.

"He's a nice little guy. You raised him so well a-and I'm sorry I wasn't there from day one." His gaze fell downwards when he blurted out the second sentence.

"I- didn't mean to offense you earlier. I wasn't thinking like that, just in case if you think I'm doing that on purpose. I don't even tell oppa about my whereabouts. Our meeting was pure coincidence." Hana explain herself but something doesn't feel right. "Wait, why I'm the one who explained myself to him?" She was mumbling to herself but the silence of the night makes Jungkook notice them easily.

He chuckles a little before sipping his tea. "It's okay. You don't have to explain anything anymore. I'm not that one immature Jungkook from three years ago, I've matured and changed, for better of course. I trust you now and I should've been from day one. If I did, m-maybe we..." He doesn't manage to finish his sentence as a sob escaped from his lips. "Ah- I'm sorry. My nose was just sensitive to night's air." He lied and of course she knew it.

"Jeon Hangguk." A name slipped out from her lips which makes the man turn to her almost instantly. "That's his birth name. Jeon Hangguk." She flashed him a little smile before turn to their upfront to face the midnight skies. "I was contemplated when I pick a name for him but then when I was doodling names in some papers, I came into this name when I mixed our name, Hana and Jungkook, that's how it came out as Hangguk. Actually, I wasn't so sure if you would like the name but at that moment, I don't have any choice but to decide on my own and oppa tried to convinced me too that you will love it. So, it happened."

Jungkook were listening carefully and doesn't want to interrupt until she finishes. He was beyond relief when she started to open up again with him. It was crystal clear that he has so many unanswered questions but he was too scared to ask. He feels like he doesn't have the right anymore. So, when she decided to open up with him, he was beyond grateful.

"As he grows up, he keeps asking for you after I told him that your name was part of his name but I keep a beautiful lie to him, saying that you were busy and will come to find him one day. Of course, he was sad at first and few days later, he came to me saying he wanted to be called Hanwoo until you come. He said it was to thanks oppa for always playing with him. Can you believe that? He owns a heart of gold, just like you, Kook." She ended it with a sincere smile which caught him off guard.

It's been awhile since he saw that smile. It's been awhile since his heart thumping again. He should've know that only she managed to do that. Just if he notices this sooner.

"K-Kook? It's been awhile since I heard that, especially from you." He nibbles his lower lip a little trying to supress the grin that keep rising from his lips. He likes that nickname, obviously. "Also Hangguk is a perfect name. I couldn't think of anything better but I don't own a heart of gold, Han. If I do, I wouldn't hurt you and makes him feels lonely. If I do, I would trust you and cherish you. Who knows we might live a happy family life right now." He shrugs his shoulder nonchalantly but she knew he meant all of them.

"Well, it's still not too late to start a family-"

"Are you serious?" His instant blunt replies make her chuckles a little.

"No one's know what's going to happen tomorrow, Kook." Still with a little smile, she sips her tea and look away from him, while his gaze was still glued on her.

After some few minutes of silence, Jungkook decided that it was his turn to speak now. "You're such an amazing person, Hana. I feel so small sitting right beside you." He started it while fiddling with his own fingers. "I did so many bad things to you and look how you treat me. I feel so ashamed of myself. Apologize aren't even enough compare to what I did to you, to us. I hate the me in past so much."

"Jungkook-.."

"Also, you might don't want to hear about this but you deserved to know the truth. T-That night, there's nothing happened between me and her. Yes, we slept together but we did nothing. Yes, I was drunk and I don't remember anything, and she might've thought she would get away like that but she forgot one thing. There's a CCTV installed in that room. Months later after I got discharged from hospital, I went back to that place with a hope that I could remember a thing. Anything that could makes you come back to me but I found none. Instead, I saw the CCTV in the room and that's how I found out about the truth. If you don't trust my words now, you can ask the other members, they watched it with me, o-or you can watch the recording yourself too! I-I-"

"Jungkook, calm down..." Her palm landed gently on his shoulder and pat it slowly but what comes next surprised him even more. "I trust you."

"T-Thank you." He stutters a little but a bunny smile was visible on his face. It's been awhile since he felt this happy. He doesn't even remember when the last time he felt this kind of feeling. "I'm sorry, Hana for everything. I really mean it." He turns to his body to face her properly as he grabs both of her hands, feeling a little braver. "It's too late now but still I hope you would forgive me and maybe, w-when you're ready w-we can- you know.."

"Like I always said, let's don't rush a thing. Let's take our time and build our bond stronger first, then after that we can do whatever we want." Hana cut him off, noticing how nervous and how cold his hand was. She decided that, it would be the best for both of them.

"Of course, but you would let me be around Hangguk, right?" Hesitated, he has to ask.

"Yes, of course. He would stop talking to me though if I didn't let him. He already likes you so much." She let out a laugh which followed by the man beside her. It feels like the night were getting darker but the lights between them were slowly lighting up again, slowly but sure.

"He's daddy's son after all."

***

The morning comes like usual but today the sun shines a little brighter for her apartment, at least that's what Jungkook think. He woke up with a bright smile when he saw his little angel sleeping soundly beside him. Actually, he felt bad for Hana to sleep alone in her room as he badly wanted to embrace her inside his arms, just like how it used to be but her words from last night keep echoing in his ears. She wanted to take it slow and Jungkook want to respect that, moreover he feels like he doesn't have any right to demand thing from her. She has been suffering a lot.

After left a long peck on his baby's forehead, Jungkook get off from his bed carefully not wanting to wake up his little one. Once he managed leaving his room, he went toward to the bathroom to do his morning routine before he does his little mission. Yeah, he's planning to cook breakfast for the two most important people in his life. It's been awhile since he feels this excited, this alive. People might think he exaggerated it too much, but no one's know how it feels unless they're on the same shoes.

Meanwhile, Hana woke up from her deep slumber because of some noise from her kitchen. Smile rose up from her lips as soon as she remembers that Jungkook was spending a night there. Curious about what he was doing, she tips a toe while heading to the kitchen, not wanting to get caught by him. The closer she was, his voice become clearer. She though Jungkook was talking with his son but it doesn't sound like it when a familiar nickname came out.

"Yes, sweetheart. I'm still at her place..."

A familiar nickname that bring nightmare for her. It couldn't be, right?

✿—✿—✿

A/N : please forgive me for the last part >.< sorry but I gotta. What do you think? What's happening? 😏
Hope you love this part. Feedback and kofi donation are highly appreciated💕