10

(Karen has gotten married and lives in New York. She has the whole apartment to herself because Ted is never home. Joyce is three months pregnant)

Joyce's POV

I stand in front of the mirror wearing a slim fit black dress.

"Oh my god I'm fat!" I moan to Hopper as he tries to find his socks.
"You're not fat, your pregnant"
"Dont start with that shit mister"
"Looks like someone's in a bad mood today"
"What did you say!?"
"Nothing"
"That's what I thought"
"But seriously Joyce, I know pregnancy hormones are bad, but its Elliot's birthday so can you try to be happy?"
"Uhh, fine"

"Mommy, Daddy! Come on! It's my birthday!"
"Really I had no idea" Hopper laughs.

We are going to a restaurant for Elliot's birthday and meeting Karen there. Elliot has a few friends at school that he invited round yesterday and it was just them playing and eating cake.

(At the restaurant)

"Can I open my present from Karen now?"
"Yeah sure, I'm guessing the food won't be here for a while"

He starts to tear open the packaging and when he sees what's inside he has the biggest smile on his face. Karen basically must have gone into a superhero store and bought everything, because he keeps pulling more stuff out of the bag.
He climbs over me and goes and sits next to Hopper to show him all the presents that he got.
Karen looks over to me and I know she wants to start talking.

"So..."
"Yes..."
"Can I ask question about the baby?"
"You're my best friend so yes you can"
"Oh thank god, I didn't think i could get through this whole day without taking about it"
"What do you want to know?"
"Boy or girl?"
"I don't know yet"
"But what do you think? You know mother's instict"
"I really have no idea. I guess a boy, but I don't care to be honest"
"Who do you think the baby's going to look like, you or Hopper?"
"Ummm, I'm not really sure. I mean you know my hair when I was a kid was blonde and Elliot's hair is blonde so this one" I touch my stomach "Will probably be blonde as well"
"What colour eyes?"
"I want them to have Hoppers eyes but mine are so dark brown that it will probably outweigh Hopper's blue ones"

We spend the rest of the time until the food comes talking about the baby. Surprisingly, talikh to my best friend about it actually made me feel a lot better. I guess I havent realised how much stress I have been holding.

(10pm)

I've finally got Elliot to sleep and I decide to go to bed myself. Hopper comes and lies next to me. He technically moved in the other day. But I don't know what we are going to do with his house but u guess we'll figure that out sooner or later. Right know I have other things on my mind.

Hopper lies down on his back on the bed and I climb on top of him facing the same way. He kisses me on the head and strokes my stomach.

"Isn't is crazy that in 6 months we are going to have a baby"
"Uhhh, I'm going to get even fatter"
"Not fat just-"
"Don't bother finishing your sentence"
"Okay. Joyce can I ask you a question?"
"Sure babe"
"How long were you in labour when you had Elliot?"
"21 hours"
"We're you okay?"
"Well, ok for being 16 and having a baby. The doctors said it was a pretty normal time for labour especially because it was my first baby and I was young"
"Who was there with you?"
"Just Karen"
"I'm so sorry. I could have been there"
"I wouldn't have let you. Even if you had known about my pregnancy"
"Why not?"
"Because you were my best friend and I had an awfully big crush on you"
"I had a crush on you too"
"Why thank you"
"One more thing. Did it hurt?"
"Yes Hopper. It hurt. It pushed a human out of my vagina"
"Sorry stupid question"
"No it's fine, I get why you were asking. I had to get stitches by the way"
"Stitches? For what?"
"I tore Hopper. During the birth. Elliot has one big head"

We both laugh but then I suddenly turn serious.

"Hopper I'm going to the cemetery tomorrow"
"Err, why?"
"To see someone's grave"
"Who's"
"My brothers"