16

Hopper's POV

We are back in our private room and I am sitting on the bed with Joyce while she holds our new baby boy. All of a sudden the door opens, to a very excited six year old.

"I'm here!" Elliot shouts
"Shhhh darling" Joyce whispers "Your baby brother is sleeping, be a bit quieter ok?"
"Sorry mommy" he replies
"It's alright sweetie"
"Can I see him?" Elliot asks as he climbs on the bed. I move over so there is enough room for all of us. Karen slowly and quietly walks out the door so our family can be together.
"You can hold him if you want" Joyce tells him. Elliot smiles and nods, Joyce puts our baby into Elliot arms and Elliot gives him a small kiss on the forehead.
"Does he have a name?" he asks
"Well, I haven't thought of any name that I like yet" says Joyce
I speak up "Well I was thing for the name, if it's okay with you Joyce, we could maybe name him Jonathan, after your brother"
Joyce smiles, tears running down her face. She nods her head and does a sort of laugh while crying "I'd like that, I'd really like that." She says "Oh god our family is so perfect"
"Well technically we aren't really a family yet" I tell her
"What's that supposed to mean?" She asks looking worried with a nervous tone in her voice.
"Elliot did you bring it?" I turn to my oldest son
"Yup" he grins widely and hands me a small black box.

I take the box off of him and I think Joyce knows what it is, but she doesn't show her expression and just keeps the one of anxiety and confusion on her face.

I open the box carefully and stare into Joyce's eyes. She sees what it is and immediately starts to cry again.

"Joyce" I start "I have known you since we were so young. When we were growing up I tried to ask you out, every boy at our school did. But the thing was, they had the courage to do it, and it took me years to ask you. But now, I finally am with you and I could not ask for a more perfect life and family. I love you more than anything in this word. So Joyce Horowitz, will you marry me?"
"Yes! Oh my god yes! Of course I will!"

I kiss her while Elliot makes vomiting noises in the background. I guess he's getting grossed out by us already.

Joyce puts her spare arm around Elliot, while the other one is holding Jonathan, she whispers to them both;

"You two are so beautiful. I love you both so much and your dad loves you too. Now your dad and I are going to get married and I can have the life I've always wanted. My incredible, slightly dysfunctional family.