12

Hopper's POV

"Elliot are you nearly ready?" I call from down the hall.
"Nearly!" I hear a voice shout back.

I walk into the living room, where I see Joyce frantically pacing around.

"Does she know we're dating" she asks, facing her head towards me but her body still walking back and forth.
"Yes, Joyce"
"Does she know I'm pregnant?"
"Yes"
"Does she still know what I look like, is she disappointed in me Does she still even like me?"
"Joyce" I take her by the hand and she stops pacing and looks into my eyes. "My mom loves you. She always will. All we are doing, is going to see her, she can meet Elliot and... if your lucky you can look through baby pictures of me"
"Baby pictures! Now you've got yourself a deal"
"Come on let's go" I say

"Daddy! Wait!" Elliot shouts "Don't to without me!"
"We could never forget you" I say, helping him put his backpack on as Joyce gets our coats. "Alright... you ready?"
"Yup!" Elliot smiles
"Go get in the car then, little man"

Joyce's POV

Hopper just knocked on he door, while all three of us stand outside waiting. It's only been a few seconds but that's enough for me to get so stressed out about this.
The door opens to see a friendly face that I haven't seen in years. Donna Hopper. She looked after me when no one else could and I will be forever grateful.

"Oh" she smiles "Look at you all, come on in and sit down"

Hopper takes Elliot in and they both take their shoes and coats off. Donna looks at me and says "You've grown up Joyce"
"I guess I have" I laugh.
"I'm so proud of you" she hugs me and I hug her back. "Now, come and take a seat" she continues "I want to hear everything"

I make my way to the living room and go and cuddle up next to Hopper. Elliot is sitting on the floor and colouring his colouring book in, that he brought with him. Donna turns to Elliot;
"So young man what is your name?"
"Elliot" he pronounces proudly.
"That's a very nice name"
"Thank you. I have a question though"
"Ask away"
"If your my daddy's, mommy. Does that mean that you are my grandma?"
"Why it does, but if you don't want to call me grandma, you don't have to"
"No... I want to"
"Well then you are very welcome to"
"Yay!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The day goes on, and before I know it, it's the afternoon.

"Joyce, can you come and help me with something please?" Donna calls from upstairs.
"Yeah sure" I shout back. I climb up the stairs and find her in Hopper's old room. "What do you need help with?" I ask.
"Oh, That was just to get you up here quicker"
"Fair enough, so what are you doing?"
"I want to show you a few things. Jim told you, that you could see his baby pictures I believe?"
"Yes he did. May I see them?"
"I'll leave the boxes on the bed here for you, take your time"
"Thank you!"
"Joyce?" Donna says as she stands by the doorway ready to go.
"Mhmmm"
"How many months pregnant are you?"
"5" I reply.
"Are you still working at the bar?"
"I will be until next month, and then I'll start working in the office, doing finances and stuff"
"I just worry about you sweetheart"
"I know, but I'm fine. I promise"
"Alright then" she walks out the room and I start to rummage through the first box. I take it onto the bed and sit cross legged.

Most of the pictures are Hopper and the park, and then there's some family vacations as well. Younger Hopper is at the top of the box, and as I work my way down I can see that the photos probably account for his whole life. I've now taken all the things out of the box. When Hopper is about 6 to 15 years old, Karen and I are basically in every photo with him.

Oh of the corner of my eye, I spot something. Not a photo, but a letter.

Hopper tried to ask me out

Hopper tried to ask me out. By the handwriting it must have been sometime between 4th to 6th  grade when I had a crush on him as well. I wonder why he never told me, or gave me the letter. It's written so properly, I'm guessing his mom helped him out with the wording of it. But this is definitely his handwriting.

I don't think I'll tell him about this, he knows he wrote it. And I love that.