Monster like him.

Tommy couldn't tell if the boy was mad at him for something he had said or done. Tears of anger spilt from Tubbo's eyes once again. A deep purple netherite sword lay on the soaked grass, a violet, enchanted glow radiated into the mud. It reeked of bloody murder and well-thought-out plans. The handle of the sharpened sword was made of leather. An eye of ender on each side in the middle of the handle spat gentle particles particles that matched the glow. A voice sounded his name behind him.

"Tommy." The voice was familiar, but it wasn't Tubbo. It was deeper, mature, raspier in a way too. Tommy turns his head. A tall, maybe about 6 foot, dirty blonde-haired man stood before him. A broken, filthy white mask covered only half his face; the other half seemed as though it was snapped off in battle. The man had a lime green hoodie with a big black smiley face on it, covered by black dungaree pants with a belt strapped around his waist. He's wearing black trainers: so dark you can almost see the stars covering his shoes like rain on a clear night. They're covered in thick coat of brown mud. A slit marked its way through his bushy eyebrows just above the hypnotizing emerald green eye you can see. The mask had a brown adjustable, leather strap that weaved through his untidy hair. It was splattered with what looked somewhat like fresh blood. His nose looked like it had been bleeding a moment before, you can see where he had smudged it in a poor attempt to stop the pour of scarlet. Face scarred in several places and scattered with dirt. Could that be- The man before him rudely interrupts his train of thought.

"You're alive," He doesn't seem too upset nor surprised, "well." his gaze meets with the calm, upset expression the lifeless boy held on his face. He continues, "Half alive. Honestly, I didn't think you end up as a ghost." Who is this man? Another voice speaks up.

"Dream, why are you here? What more could you possibly want?" He asks hesitantly. So, this is Dream? Tubbo glances over at Tommy, who is staring at the dirty blonde.

"Huh?" Tommy looks at him. It takes him a moment to realise he zoned out "oh sorry, I'm just- you're Dream! I knew I recognized the name." He smiles, proud of the fact he remembers someone.

"Tommy's struggling to remember things," Tubbo replies.

Dream chuckles, "is that why you're crying?"

"No. He thinks I'm the one who did this." He gestures to the destruction behind himself and Tommy. A grin tugs at the corners of his lips. "Stop. You and I both know it was you." It wasn't just me, Dream thinks.

"If you think I'm going to defend a monster like you then you've got another thing coming." All of the air escapes Tubbo's lungs at once. An icy chill sends its way through his spine. After all, why shouldn't he believe Dream? He would never do this.

"But the compasses! I'm one hundred percent sure Ghostbur would back me up." Tubbo's mood lights up and Dream chuckles and shakes his head.

"I don't think so Tubbo, he's back at L'manburg." The grin forming on his face didn't mean good and Tubbo knew it.

"Can we go and see him?" Tommy chimes in. Exile, he remembers. He can't.

"Of course Tommy." Dream says.

"Stop playing the good guy. He's still in exile." The tone in Tubbo's voice, and the way he answered didn't mean to sound that rude. Dream's eyes glowed a fluorescent lime colour.

"Come on, he died and you're still making him stay?" The blonde replies in an innocent tone.

"Yeah what you gonna do if I do leave? Kill me?" Tommy's tone is jokey but serious, and he's taking Dream's side. Tubbo thought there might have been a wave of sadness wave across Tommy's pale, bloody face but he doesn't mention it.
Dream chuckles but looks at the boy who could have saved Tommy. He refused to save himself. He would have wanted it. There had been times when Tommy would stand near the portal that led home, and he would stare over the edge of the bridge looming over the glowing, amber abyss below wishing he had the gut to fall. Nobody pitied him. Maybe that was his excuse. We'd never know. Perhaps he would forget.