Stolen Princess

Pairing : Higgs Monaghan X Reader // Sam Bridges x Reader

Thoughts are italics in quotations = 'Example'

Flashbacks are in italics = Example

Wordcount: 3949

- LOL Higgs is so off his nut.

Stolen Princess

The long-haired brunette trudged through the ridged trail, his two gloved hands firmly holding onto the straps that were snugly draped over his shoulders, holding all of his cargo gear in place as he traveled, simultaneously steadying his every step.

"Almost there," He said lowly, his light-colored eyes aimed straight, already knowing the route by heart despite not having traveled through the area in what felt like an entire lifetime.

"Almost there..." he said again, the entirety of his body feeling strained by the travel, yet ready for whatever opposing factor that came in his path.

"Gotta keep going..." he reminded himself, the concerned male determined to meet the marker before sundown, not wanting to waste another day.

"I have ... I have to..." He maundered with a stumbled step, his body slowly shutting down on him while he forced himself through the terrain in spite of the physical torture, the porter not willing to let anything stop him from reaching (f/n). "Goddammit..." He huffed, forced to halt for just a moment, bending over to take a small breather that became prolonged as the weight of his delivery brought him further down to a knee.

"Fuck," He cursed lowly, his right arm shooting down to place a hand at the ground beneath him to help push himself back up, the action being strained. "Come on," He said with a long exhale, his will unstirred because while he was currently beaten down, he had yet to be defeated.

'I Have to make it there, no matter what,' He told himself, remembering that it wasn't just a little visit.

It wasn't just because he missed her.

'She needs me,' He convinced himself.

He'd brought a lot of things he was certain she'd need; necessities he knew she couldn't live without. While of course, it had made his progress lag, he wasn't willing to go empty-handed, especially while knowing she needed him.

- Because she'd become talk amongst the other porters.

Rumors arose of a woman caught in a treacherous storm, isolated from the rest of the world, morso than anyone else.

No one could reach her, and by then she'd stopped her attempts to reach out, and he'd only just caught wind of it.

During the entire time, he knew he should have paced himself, especially while carrying so much material. He'd been making deliveries for years now, most of which were on foot, so he knew just what to do during the times of travel and furthermore understood how dangerous it was to use up so much energy over such a small period of time, and yet, even then he couldn't help himself. And he reasoned that perhaps it was just the dark cloud that always loomed over him that rattled him furthermore.

'Maybe....maybe I'm just paranoid.' He thought to himself, hoping for the best, wanting to blame all of his worries on his own heavily faulted psyche. "For all I know... you're just fine," He said to himself, tiredly looking up at the cleared sky, taking notice that it was a lot brighter now than it had been the last time he was there.