What I Have To Do

A/N: ((Most of this takes place before the previous chapter.)) I honestly wish I would have put this in before, but oh well.

Word Count : 5256

What I Have To Do

Thunder trailed the route he took. Darkness cast over the footprints behind him as he continued to walk along the trail of pretty little flowers that would soon see an end.

" Oh darling," Higgs started, holding the woman close, cradling her body, and sharing as much warmth with her as he could.

Smiling softly, he didn't look back, instead, looking up at the clear sky before him and the wonderful azure that painted the atmosphere,

"A little piece of heaven in this hell," He said while he took one step forward, the long stride ending in a short spin of bliss.

"- The sound of this rain, I don't think I could ever hate it." he mused.

"- Because It's our sound."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━- Hours Prior

The unrelenting sound of the seemingly never-ending, weighty downpour remained a part of the background as the two stayed awake together throughout the night.

The occasional thunders that boomed outside had, for the most part, gone ignored in a sort of, 'out of sight, out of mind,' stand against the world and whatever assault it had to deliver, which wasn't too much unlike how life had become since the world had changed.

Since life had become a survival;

Since the explosion.

Tentatively, (f/n) looked up at Higgs, watching as he skimmed his eyes past every word of the book that lay before him.

He'd found it on a shelf a day prior and had been very languidly reading through the written words with what seemed like mild interest.

He wasn't entirely absorbed with it based on how much he frequently took it upon himself to look towards her and speak, paying more attention to the scattered talks they had throughout the last few hours than the piece of literature he had on the table.

(f/n) had difficulty not smiling when he looked at Higgs.

He was a very sweet person, and they seemed to share a common trait ;

They wanted someone there, or rather, they yearned for someone there.

Higgs always had a strange, soft gloom in his eyes, and it always hit her when she aligned her sights with him because she identified with it so much that it felt like a reflection of her own gaze.

'I would have never have imagined it, never have expected it... but I'm happy he's here,' She thought to herself, not quite sure she could really refer to him as a stranger anymore.

- Not when they'd share so much.

Perhaps if the tremendous storm had hit off while she was still alone she would have simply given in, accepting that her seldom, lonesome life was just so miserable, there wasn't a reason to keep trying.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Apr 02, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

You Belong With meजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें