Pt 7

Emma's POV

A week had gone by since Regina had left. I was refusing to speak to Dad and I only spoke to Mum if it was absolutely necessary. I cried on a regular basis and when I stopped, I comfort ate. I couldn't understand why Dad hated this woman so much and why she seemed so nervous around my parents.

I stopped crying and started on my sixth pint of ice cream of the day, it was only 11am, when Mum walked into my room. I made sure I didn't make eye contact with her.

"Hey sweetie." She said as she closed the door behind her and sat next to me. I hadn't left the bed since Regina had left. It still smelled of rose water and it comforted me a little.

"Hmm." I replied, staring into space.

"You should probably get up."

"What's the point?" I snapped back.

"Someone downstairs wants to meet you." Upon hearing this, I immediately felt energetic. Regina! It had to be Regina! Who else would it be?!

"I'll be right down!" I said, slamming the lid on my ice cream and jumping out of bed. I had a huge blood rush due to how fast I had stood up but I didn't care. Mum left the room so I could change out of my silk nighty that Regina had held me in way too many nights ago. I slipped on a white ball gown and rand a brush through my knotty hair. I put it up in a messy low bun and fled out of my room and down the stairs, my palms sweating.

As I reached the bottom of the flight, I was wearing the biggest smile ever and I felt lighter than air.

"Emma this is Sir Killian Jones." My Father said as I reached the last step. I looked up at the man and realised that it was definitely not Regina who was here to see me. My smile faded into oblivion and my face fell stone cold.

"Nice to make your acquaintance my lady." He spoke with a strong accent as he bowed before me and kissed the back of my hand.

"Emma, Killian is here to court you and with any luck, you will marry him." My Father said. I'm sorry what?! I want going to marry this guy. I looked at my Mother for some reassurance but she was beaming at me and this guy.

"My lady, I can make you the happiest woman in all the realms if we are to marry. I can take you places you could never dream of and allow you to experience things beyond your imagination." He made me sick. He was smirking at me and I wanted nothing more than to smash his face in. I politely smiled and looked at Mum with concern.

"It's settled then." My Father announced, "Emma is to marry Sir Jones." No. No. No.

"I- Wha- I..." the words wouldn't form in my mouth and I couldn't do anything but watch as my world came crashing down around me. Killian bowed before me and smiled, he pulled me close and kissed me. I was going to be sick. I wanted to hit him but I couldn't move.

"You've made the right choice your majesties." He grinned at my parents and they smiled back. Why did I not have a say in this? Was this not my life after all?

He stayed for a few hours, talking to my parents and, occasionally, to me. He had been in a group of men that helped the royals to understand their fellow kingdoms better. But now he had returned and was never going back. Great. Just. Great.

Man, I wanted Regina to poof in here, grab me and poof us away again. But no matter how hard I manifested, my thoughts didn't become reality.

The second that guy left the palace, I ran up to my room again, slipped back into the night and under my duvet and reopened the ice cream.

Tears kept running into it and making my salted caramel sauce a lot saltier but I didn't even care anymore.

"So?" Mother said as she entered my room.

"So what?" I mumbled into my ice cream.

"You're getting married, Emma. You're going to be a bride! What do you think of him."

"I think he's not Regina." I replied, bluntly.

Silence...

"Emma, you have to let her go. You can't get married and be thinking of someone else who, judging by the fact that she hasn't tried to contact you in anyway, clearly doesn't love you. It's just not right Emma."

"I don't want to get married. I don't even know the guy. I had no say in the situation and I know for a fact that Regina does love me and she's not contacted me because she's petrified of you and Father!" I shouted.

"This is what's best for you Emma. Just trust me." She winked and left me alone again. What was she up to?