009

"My, what a shame."

"I suppose it's understandable. Charlotte was probably put under a lot of stress, her father and brother died after all, and she had no choice but to take on the duties of the queen."

"How tragic. Almost the whole royal family has passed away."

"How outrageous! No king? Princess Veronica must be married off right away!"

I smoothened out my dress and plastered on a smile as I listened to the gossip around me. Marriage? Huh, I never thought about that. I've been quite distracted lately anyway. 

I only had one thing to focus on. My coronation in two days.

They had buried Charlotte on the night she died. I supposed they wanted to prevent me from experiencing any more "trauma" after watching three of my family members die. I mean it's the least they could do, although I'm starting to care less and less. I had only one thing I was focused on. My one goal.

My eyes were fixated on the empty throne at the front of the hall. 

Three down. A little more, and soon it would all be mine. All the sacrifices I've made would finally be worth it. 

For some reason, I felt hesitant about killing Gray. Should I do it? I mean, I could let him live and make sure he doesn't get in my way.

I furrowed my brow. Wait... What is this feeling...? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

 I've made my final decision.