015

"Ah, I see you've realized now." He grinned.

I took a step back, and he took another step towards me, looking as if he was entertained by my reaction. I had the urge to run away, but I felt like I was frozen where I was.

"But... You're... you're dead... I killed you!" I stammered.

"Did you? I'm pretty sure I'm alive, Veronica." 

 How is this possible? Is this even real? Have I finally gone insane?

"Why won't you die? Why? Why are you here again?" My voice broke. 

"Oh, but I thought you'd be excited to see me here?" Gray teased.

"Why can't you stay out of my way? Everything was going well when you were dead!" I yelled. "When I publicly execute you, you'll be dead for real!"

"Execute me? Are you sure, your majesty?" He stepped even closer and lowered his voice. "Wouldn't it be a shame if everyone knew the queen murdered her whole family?"

My eyes widened. Is he really going that far? I'm sure Gray knew that if he did tell everyone, they would believe him. They all secretly hate me, so anyone would look for a reason to get me off the throne. Murder would be the perfect opportunity. 

"One thing I am curious about is how you managed to survive," I questioned.

"Let's just say I can hold my breath for a really long time."

He... held his breath under the water? Did he pretend to pass out? How could he have possibly known?

How crazy could a person get?

"I think you should be getting back to the dance," He mentioned suddenly. "You are the queen, after all. I'm sure they've noticed you've been gone by now."

Realizing he was right, I made my way back to the ballroom. The warm air rushed into my face and made me notice how cold I'd been this whole time.

I lazily continued to dance through the night, staring off into space. 

What could he possibly be up to this time?