c h a p t e r 2

HAZEL GOMEZ

Praying and praying for this class to be over as soon as possible.

Not that I am nervous.

But I'm nervous.

It's okay Hazel.

Just wait for class to end and head straight to the office. Straight to the office.

I feel the piercing eyes of the god next to me. This is so embarrassing. This is so nerve racking. Sitting next to this giant man with the perfect nose and perfect jaw and perfect eyes and stupid perfect face.

Who even looks like that? No one!

In fact I think that having such a perfect face as his is weird! Yeah! It is so odd that he has such a perfect face. So odd and weird.

"See something you like sweetheart?" he smirks, his perfect lips spiral up.

"N-No. Pffttt. No way jose." I say and quickly turn my face to the front of the class ignoring him. My red cheeks are like flames against me but too late now.

Don't look at him.

It's so tempting but don't.

Looking at the clock.

9:00

Five more minutes.

Five more.

This is torture.

The teacher sits in his chair and sighs.

"Everyone knows where they are going?" he shouts.

Don't mess this up.

Don't mess this up.

Don't mess this up.

"A-Actually I don't-"

But before I can finish the bell rings and everyone storms out like a bunch of ants.

God.

"Need help getting to your class?"

My body goes frigid as I jump back into the unexpected voice.

"Oh my gosh you scared me." I breath as I see Alexander join my side with a smirk.

"Do you need help?"

"Oh, uhhh no I will be completely fine. Yup!" I say walking away.

Will I be completely fine? Probably not but I am kind of afraid of this man.

"Let me walk you."

"Why?" I ask.

"Why not?" he smirks.

"Because-"

"Because I want to walk a lady to her next class? Is that such a crime Sweetheart?" he says smirking.

"Yes." He rolls his eyes and holds the door open for me as I step out of the class room.

"Now. Show me where the office is!" I sing pointing towards the air.

"Your weird."

"And yet you're still walking with me." I smile giving him a side glance.

He looks down at me.

"Fair enough." He grumbles. I smile.

Tehe.

"What class do you even need to go to?" he asks.

"That is a good question," I smile. He looks down at me with a confused face. I just smile up at him again and rest my shoulders.

"I have to go to the office. I didn't get my schedule."