c h a p t e r 3

HAZEL GOMEZ

Science was my favorite class. Unless you have this pathetic teacher. I was practically dying here. My hand quickly shot up.

"Yes, Ms. Gomez?"

Everyone is so formal here.

It kills me.

"Yes well, may I go to the bathroom before I shoot myself in the forehead?"

The teacher looks unfazed which brings a smirk to my lips.

"Ms. Gomez don't say stuff like that, I'll have to report it to the principal." 

A smile forms my lips as my body carried me towards the door.

"I'll take that as a yes." I turn around shooting finger guns, but before my awesome exit my back slams into the door.

"Owie."

I thought I had more room to walk.

"See ya soon!" I shout giving a salute and quickly stepping out of the classroom. I let out a sigh of embarrassment.

"You are the weirdest person I have ever met."

I scream escapes my lips as my body turns to the voice.

Alex.

"You scared me!" I whisper shouted.

A sly smile takes over as his dimples peak out at me.

Don't touch them.

He takes a step towards me and chuckles.

Don't touch them.

"I was bored and was waiting for you." He smiles.

My finger subconsciously boops his left dimple as a laugh leaves my mouth.

"It was too tempting." I justify with a smile. He shakes his head and chuckles. His neck arches to the side meeting the door window. His fingers wiggle in sign as he smiles at the teacher.

"You have Mrs. Kennedy for science." He chuckles looking down at me. I nod my head rapidly.

"Yes and let me tell you that women could voice some serious Animal Planet documentaries, because man, her voice is so nonchalant. There is no emotion what's so ever. She says something and I think, "oh that's funny," then look up and see she is one hundred percent serious. It's like listening to a brick wall. She is the human version of a brick wall! I swear-" I grumble.

He smiles down at me in silence.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." He smirks.

"No! Tell me right now mister!"

He throws his hands up and circles around me.

"You're just cute that all." He smirks. My body freezes and my body turns red. My eyes widen and my face feels like a bottomless pit of volcanic fire.

"Yeah well, my dad tells me that too."

He chuckles and stares down at me.

"I had Mrs. Kennedy when I was in Sophomore year." He says.

"Did she give you a hard time and make you want to rip your ears out of their pockets."

"Ears don't have pockets." He corrects.

"Yes they do, the little flap on the outer ear is a cutaneous marginal pouch, nearly all domestic mammals have them, but usually only dogs and cats."