c h a p t e r 5

HAZEL GOMEZ

"You avoided me yesterday."

"Whatttttt? That's crazy! I did no such thing!"

"Very funny." He rolls his eyes quickly sitting next to me.

"I seriously didn't avoid you."

"Yes you did."

"How do you even know that huh? Maybe we just missed each other, doesn't mean I was avoiding you."

"I showed up to every class of your 5 minutes early and every one of them you were no where to be found. You were avoiding me." he pouted.

Cute.

I scuff and roll my eyes as if timing couldn't be anymore perfect Mr.Keller smashes his ruler in between us with a loud smack. My body flinches in the chair.

God it's eight in the morning, please.

"Okay class! Please get out your homework!" Mr. Keller yells.

My eyes widen.

"Homework? We had homework!"

My whisper must've not been subtle enough because the teacher looked at me with a glare.

"Yes Ms. Gomez, you had homework to complete and by the looks of it, you had not completed it am I correct?"

All the consuming stares and embarrassment filling my clouded head with anxiety.

I hate it here.

I hate it here.

I hate it here.

I wanna leave.

"I-It won't h-happen again." I whisper throwing my head down.

I had been at this school for one day and I had already managed to mess up. I rack my hands through my hair, hiding my face. I can feel my face is beat red and hot from humiliation. I hated missing my school work, let along getting called out for it— in front of the whole class. I rub my eyes trying to act normal even though I could feel my heart beat through my chest. God this is so embarrassing.

If you keep saying it's embarrassing it's going to make you feel even worse. Ugh whatever. From the corner of my eye I see Alex scoot closer. God I hope he doesn't make fun of me for it.

"If it makes you feel better I didn't do my school work either. Don't worry about it, he's a rat anyway."

A chuckle leaves my mouth and my shoulders shake up and down.

"C'mon shake it out." I lift my gaze to meet his eyes and a playful smile lays on his face. God he is so beautiful. His cheeks don't clump but his eyes have little crinkle and his dimples pops out taking up the majority of his smile. He looks so perfect it was nearly impossible. Was it this effortless to look both adorable and hot mama sexy at the same time? I would think not but here is Alexander sitting next to me smiling like a wacko. I hadn't noticed I was smiling  at him until he pinched my cheeks rubbing his thumb across.

"See I got you to smile." He grins. I brush his fingers away from me and turn my head, using my hair as a curtain to cover my highly noticeable blush.

"No you didn't, I-I just thought of a funny memory that's all." I mumble against my palm squeezing my eyes shut at the lameo excuse.

"Whatever you say Sweetheart. Now come on, shake it out." He smirks as he wiggles his arms. I tilt my head at him as I admire his goofy grin.