Dumbledore's Army

(Image not mine)

"I don't know if it's a good idea to bring me, guys," Edmund worried, standing with us at the entrance to a small path that led to the Hog's Head. "I'm not sure they'll trust me."

"It'll be fine," Lucy marched on down the path without a hint of hesitation, "We'll explain things to them."

Edmund still didn't look too sure. I pulled my gloved hand out of my coat pocket to hold his hand, "We'll be alright."

He looked down at me, something I had become very bitter about the past few months. His height had sprouted so suddenly that he was now at least two inches taller than before. I often complained about it, but secretly found it attractive.

Ed placed a warm kiss on my forehead before taking a breath and following Lucy. The snow was thick along the trail, only a few shallow footprints led the way. The Hog's Head was definitely out of the way. I'm not sure if they ever got any customers.

Lucy pulled open the wooden door of the inn, looking inside before looking at us with a deceptively calm expression. She walked inside and we followed close behind. It was not much warmer inside the dark building and the smell was not exactly pleasant. I was certain there was a goat nearby.

But goats were the least of my worries. As soon as Edmund and I stepped inside, the group of people inside- maybe twenty or so- turned to us with eyes that analyzed our every movement. I understood why Edmund was nervous now. There were maybe two other Slytherins, but everyone there looked at him like they couldn't trust a word he said.

Lucy was unperturbed and made her way to a few empty seats where she could easily see Harry, Ron, and Hermione up front. Edmund's hand tightened around my own and I looked up at him to see his face was strained and stony. I looked back at the group of students before pulling him towards the seats next to Lucy.

Hermione stood up nervously once everyone had quieted, "Um... hi. So... you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" A boy who I didn't recognize challenged.

"'Why?'" Ron scoffed, "'Cause You-Know Who's back, you tosspot."

"So he says," he motioned to Harry.

"So Dumbledore says," Hermione argued.

The boy was stubborn, "So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

Harry's eyes went to the floor and another boy with a bad haircut spoke up, "Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed."

Harry stiffened and glanced up at Cho before standing, "I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, you might as well clear out now. Come on, Hermione, let's go, they're just here 'cause they think I'm some sort of freak."

"Harry, wait-"

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" Luna's wistful voice suddenly sounded from the front.

Harry paused. Hermione answered for him, "Yes. I've seen it."

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that." Seamus marveled.

"Uh-uh, and he killed a Basilisk with the sword in Dumbledore's office," Neville added and everyone turned to him.

Ginny nodded, "It's true,"

"Third year he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once," Ron said with a proud smirk.

Hermione took a breath, "And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh."