Forgive Me

(Image not mine)

Y/N'S POV

Nearly finished with my first day of the year, I looked forward to getting this last class over with. Divination was an easy class so I could just relax for the rest of the day. Most people thought the exact opposite because there were no defined right or wrong in divination, but I found it intriguing.

Finally reaching the bottom of the steps that lead to the divination tower, I spotted a few of my friends. Terry Boot and Luna were a couple of steps above me. I called out to them, trying to get them to wait for me while I weaved around Slytherins.

"Terry, it's good to see you!" I pat his shoulder, "How was your summer?"

"Horrible," he groaned dramatically, "My muggle parents wouldn't let me send a single bloody letter. Not one!"

I cringed. I knew his parents were not very comfortable with the wizarding world and tried to keep it as far away from them as possible. Last year, they wouldn't even sign the permission slip that would allow him to go to Hogsmeade.

"Come on, we only have three minutes." Luna urged us faster up the spiral staircase.

Following a small herd or Ravenclaws through the door, I took in the cramped room. The bleachers we were to sit on were covered in lush velvet cushions and small tables. Each one held a crystal ball and two teacups.

I walked forward and turned around so that I could see the entirety of the bleachers from where I stood. The classroom had naturally split apart so that the Slytherins were on the right half and the Ravenclaws were on the left half. I already knew all of the Ravenclaws, but most of the Slytherins I had only seen in the halls or in quidditch games. As my eyes scanned the faces of the Slytherins, one caught my eye.

Edmund Pevensie sat with a group of Slytherin boys that just about anyone in Hogwarts would recognize immediately. Next to him, Crabbe was snickering about something Goyle was talking about. Edmund and Draco Malfoy were leaning back in their chairs casually, confidence with a sprinkle of arrogance practically oozing from their forms. Edmund's usual troublemaker smile was replaced with a sneer that could rival Malfoy's.

Noticing me out of the corner of his eye, Malfoy nudged Edmund's side with a smirk before pointing down to me. When Edmund finally saw me, I smiled and waved a little. I saw a flicker of alarm pass over his eyes for a moment before they returned to a taunting demeanor. He sneered and shook his head, turning back to his group.

Frowning, I started to walk towards my friends again, debating what could have possibly earned me that response in my mind. I hadn't even seen him after choir when he was acting like his normal sarcastic self. What could have possibly made him different in that short amount of time? Pushing those thoughts aside, I dropped my bag on the floor next to the table I usually shared with Luna.

"Is that Pevensie?" Luna lightheartedly questioned, "The one Cho was talking about?"

"Yeah," I tried to sound carefree but it came out very tense.

Professor Trelawney made her sudden appearance then, emerging in a swooping fashion from the thick drapery in the corner of the room. Her oversized glasses made her look like an owl, complemented by her extremely frizzy hair. Those eyes swept over the students, probably only seeing a third of us. Immediately, Professor Trelawney launched into a lecture about 'opening your mind'. Since she gave this lecture every year, I chose to ignore it.

Risking a glance over at the Slytherins, I watched subtly as Edmund and the others chatted carelessly. They were the stereotypical Slytherins, poking fun at each other and loathing every moment in this classroom. Some of the other Slytherins were trying their best to pay attention but because of the paper birds that Malfoy made, it was very difficult.