Capítulo 6

I haven't reread this so feel free to point out anything weird.
Vote & comment? x

_________________

I must've fallen asleep on the couch yesterday because I woke up in my own bed and can't remember getting here.

Last night is a blur, I'm forcing it to be. No one has ever seen me cry like that. I'm meant to be strong for Zayn and I was a mess he had to deal with.

I need to forget about last night and get on with the day.

After showering I slipped on one of my favourite dresses. It's a tight cream coloured dress, with a thin black belt around the waist. Black heels seemed the perfect thing to wear. I love simplicity and basic combinations.

My big black handbag was on the side in the kitchen, so I pushed my keys, car keys and phone in it, before putting together some breakfast.

"Morning," Zayn says calmly walking into the kitchen.

He's dressed in the cafe's uniform. I suddenly don't feel like having breakfast.

"Hi," I say grabbing my bag and putting it over my shoulder. "I probably won't be in until late," I say walking to the door.

"Clara wait," he says holding my wrist softly.

"Yeah?" I ask him, pretending his fingers aren't making my skin tingle.

"Don't you want to talk about last night?" he asks me warily.

"Uh, what about?" I ask shrugging as if I didn't know what he's talking about.

He licks his bottom lip, letting go of my hand and opens the cupboard, reaching out for the Weetabix.

"Well, I know you care for me a tiny bit," Zayn says in a low voice. "But there's no way that crying was about me..." he whispers leaning on the side.

"I... I don't want to talk about this," I mumble turning around again. "I have to go," I say a bit louder as I make my way out of the flat.

Don't think.
Don't think.

I fan my eyes with my hand to stop the tears from forming. The mirror in the lift is cleaner than usual, making me see my face perfectly. I've only just started using mascara and I don't want it to get ruined.

*

ZAYN'S POV

"Aah!" Maggie squirms when I hit the rolled tea towel against her back side. "That one wasn't even for any reason!" she laughs sitting up on the side.

We were both on our lunch brake, we had nowhere to go so we just sat in the little back room.

I noticed my phone vibrate on the surface she was sitting on and leaned my elbows on it while unblocking the screen.

_______
Clara:
Fancy a coffee after work? X
_______

I frown at the screen. She was running away from me this morning and now she wants coffee? It's not that I don't, I just didn't expect her to want to be near me.

_____
Sure, x
_____

"Is that your posh girlfriend?" Maggie asks from my side.

I forgot she was even in here.

"Uh, yeah, but she's not my girlfriend," I clarify with a chuckle.

I can't imagine someone like Clara or me going out with each other, it's like a dog and a fluffy pretty cat next to each other.

*