Capítulo 9

Vote? Comment? Dance the macarena?
_________________

"We don't need scenes like that, Clara," my Nan sighs down the line.

"I know, Etienne had it coming though," I explain her for the fourth time.

There's some ruffling and a few steps coming from the hall.

"Nan, Pearl's coming over tomorrow to spend Easter here, I have to tidy the house and stuff," I excuse myself.

"I still don't know why you don't want anyone cleaning that tiny flat, sweetheart," she says stopping me from hanging up.

"I have to go, I'll ring you soon," I say trying to end the conversation.

"Good bye, Clara," she coos down the line just before I put the phone down, watching Zayn walk in the kitchen.

"Morning..." he whispers looking down at the floor.

A sigh escapes my mouth as I watch his insecure slow movements.

"Did you sleep alright?" I ask him drumming my fingers against the surface.

"Not really," he says more to himself.

He looks up at me, slight fear in his eyes and my heart immediately melts.

What's so broken about this boy? One minute he's acting cocky and cool, the next he's hiding behind a scared child, it's like if he got lost for a second.

I turn around to open the cupboard and reach up for the yellow Weetabix box. I look back towards him waving the box in the air with a hint of a smile.

"Fancy some?" I sing-sang bringing the box close to him, watching his lips twisting into a smirk.

He nods slowly standing straighter and takes the box. His face isn't as excited as I was hoping but at least he's smiling.

I snatch the box out of his hand and I shake my head.

"Promise you'll tell me what's worrying you," I say waving the box again. "And you'll get breakfast," I smile.

I watch his face look down again and his fingers start fiddling against his stomach.

"I'm worried he'll press charges and I'm worried it'll make you look bad," he shrugs with quiet mumbles.

Usually, I can't stand people who can't speak clearly and out loud, but when Zayn speaks like this I can't help watching his lips pressing together and coming apart just by millimetres.

I place the box between is hands and lean up to kiss his forehead, making him face up to me.

"I'll fix it, promise," I smile watching his eyes crinkle into lines.

I lean back on the side and watch him prepare his breakfast, his lip slips between his teeth from time to time in concentration.

I notice my phone vibrate on the side and I swipe the screen to read.

________
Louis:
Everything ok love?
________

"Have you got any plans for today?" Zayn's voice distracts me from my phone.

"Uh, no," I shrug watching his lips covering the spoon.

How's he making eating cereals something sexy?

"Do you wanna hang out?" I think he says with a mouth full of cereals.

"Sure, what do you want to do?" I ask him.

He frowns slightly and I can almost see his brain working. It doesn't last though, he shrugs and keeps munching his breakfast.

_______
You:
Yeah, thanks for last night, x
______