Capítulo 12

"Did you put cucumber in it?" Zayn asks me while shoving more food into his mouth.

I nod, pleased with how the salad turned out and check Pearl's approving. She seems to like it too and I'm already feeling better and possibly ridiculous for feeling how I was.

"Clara," Pearl asks playing with her fork, poking a piece of tuna on her plate.

"Yeah?" I ask frowning slightly. "My friends are going to Leeds in August for a weekend... Can I go?" She asks with a shy smile.

"I guess... Are you staying at someone's house?" I ask excited for her.

Is she planing on going out clubbing? Nah, she's not in to that yet, I'm positive.

"Thank you! Told you it'd be easy," she pokes her tongue out at Zayn. "Uh yeah, we'll all go back to Sophie's on Sunday night I guess, don't worry," she says with a shrug.

I notice Zayn hasn't moved his eyes from his plate, almost as if he's trying to disappear by not moving.

"You'll go back from where?" I ask Pearl a bit confused.

"From the festival," she says as if it were obvious.

"What festival?" I ask puzzled. "Did you give her the idea?" I acuse Zayn and he automatically shakes his head.

"I've told you Clara, my friends are going, so I want to go with them," she says in a very calm tone.

Leeds Festival. I've only heard about it from Louis and I don't think I won't Pearl there.

"I can go, right? You said I could," she whispers the last bit, her big blue eyes wide.

If it was anyone else I'd shout my opinion until it sank in, but I don't know how to deal with this situation. I'm not a parent for god's sake.

She can't go to a festival with her friends. Pearl's fourteen.

"How are you planning on getting in, anyway?" Zayn asks curiously leaning his arms on the table.

"Oh, you were right, under 16 year olds must go with someone over 18," Pearl answers almost happy.

Why is she smiling? Her friends aren't eighteen, that means she clearly can't go.

"And what's the plan?" Zayn repeats knitting his brows.

"Well, Alice said we can ask anyone at the queue to pretend to accompany us, just to walk through the security bit," she shares with a sweet smile.

Zayn nods as if its the most logical idea he's heard throughout the week, and I drop my cutlery on the plate.

"I don't think I can let you go Pearl," I say all tensed up but trying to keep my cool.

There's no need to get upset, I just need to explain it to her and she'll understand.

"Why not? I'll have my phone on me! And all my mates are going!" She rushes blurting reasons.

"Yeah but I won't know for sure if you're okay, it's not the best of places to spend the weekend at," I sigh still tensed but with a calm voice.

"I'm not ten Clara, I can manage," she says stumping her fist on the table.

Fuck, she hates me.

I rethink for a second the idea of her going, but my internal battle, between the part of me that loves her and the part that cares to death for her, finishes as I picture all the case scenarios she could end up like.

People get drunk and high, someone could get her hands on her and scare her... Even worse.

Or maybe she gets drunk and high... I guess that will happen eventually, but not while she's fourteen.