Chapter 7: the Assembly

Chapter 7: The Assembly

"What's that?" Kylo asked as Charlton sat beside him.

"Something my mother asked me to pick up." Charlton lied with a straight face.

Kylo just raised brow while Serena smiled at him. The food was already served and so they ate in silence. After dinner, they walked back to school as their carriages were waiting for them. They all sent Serena back to her dorm first before going back to theirs.

"I won't be able to accompany you much starting tomorrow, but I will try to make time whenever you need me. I'll see you in the morning at the assembly. Good night, Serena." Leonard said as he walked with her to the entrance of the dorm.

"Thank you for today brother Leonard, Good night!" Serena said, then she waved at Charlton and Kylo who were standing in front of their carriage waiting for her to get in.

--

It was quarter to eight in the morning when Serena arrived in the assembly hall. As she was recalling the details in the novel, she observed the hall filled with students. The area was divided into three sections. On the right and in the middle were students wearing uniform. The boys were wearing black colored three-piece suit with white undershirt and plaid burgundy tie, while the ladies were wearing burgundy-plaid skirt of varying lengths, matching ribbon, white undershirt, knee high socks and black coat. On the left were students in civilian clothing, obviously the girls looked eager to wear the uniform while the men can't take their eyes of the ladies in uniform. Meanwhile, at the very front there was a platform where a teacher was standing.

Not seeing any familiar face, Serena walked to the area for 1st year students.

Windsor school for nobles was quite large. The main school building consists of three-story structure. Facing it head-on, there was a large entryway, with an east and west wing leading off on both sides. In you go straight, it will lead you to the assembly hall under a high ceiling glass dome which would have been very lovely at night. The school requires students to stay in campus for 3 years. Although there were only 3 levels, there were still about 300 students enrolled. The reason for this number is that all kingdoms in the empire send their children here before they debut in society at the age of 21.

The empire has 8 kingdoms, think of it as ASEAN which has 8 member countries. The premise was almost the same as each kingdom has autonomy and none of them were under the rulership of the other. Windsor though, is one of the, if not the richest kingdom amongst the 8. This of course, raise the status of nobles of the kingdom. That is why in the novel, although there are also princesses in school, Serena's status was considered special.

Being the only biological daughter of a very rich Duke, one can only imagine how large her dowry is. And as if that were not enough, she was also the most beautiful girl in the empire. If not because of her reputation and mental illness after the thing with Geoffrey, she would have easily been the most desirable woman in the empire.

"All students please settle. We will begin the school assembly in 5 minutes." The teacher said as more students filled the hall.

Serena stood amongst the first-year students. The ladies were all keeping to themselves, smiling shyly at one another, while the boys, most of them already knew each other so they had their own cliques.

Looking at the entrance, Serena saw Charlton and Kylo entering. Charlton and her eyes met, so she waved at him while smiling sweetly. Charlton blushed and waved back. Kylo seeing Charlton waving followed his eyes and saw Serena.

"With a chick like that..." Kylo sighed as he continued "I have no idea why Geoffrey is trading fish-eye for a pearl. Hey Charlie, stop smiling like that, it creeps me out. If I didn't know you better, I'd wager that you'll soon be a Lancelot wooing his Guinevere."