Teaching

Hey guys! I am so truly sorry I have not updated lately. And that last chapter was just crap! I'll just be making two more chapters including this one and then this book'll be done. I know it's short but as I said before, Claira isn't on the quest so I can't really do much with this except let her train Nico. So thank you if you're still sticking to the series. I really truly appreciate it!

***

"Got it wrong again Nico," I smiled. He stomped in frustration.

"I almost had it!" He gripped the sword hilt.

"Yes you did. You were just a little off on the stance so it knocked your balance off," I explained. Nico sighed.

"It's always stance," he mumbled.

"Don't be such a downer. You'll get it. We all do at one time or another. We're born with the ability to do this," I encouraged him. "Anyway. Come on. Let's go rest,"

"Where?"

"The beach. Fresh sea air always calms me down. And I like going barefoot," I recapped Bluetide. We started walking toward the beach. And when we were at the opening I slipped out of my converse and held them while I walked onto the sand Nico close behind me. We reached the shoreline. I looked out to sea.

'I wonder how Percy's doing,' I thought as I stared at the water.

"Do you have water powers?" Nico suddenly asked.

"Of course I do. I'm a millionth. I explained to you what that means. I have a little snippet of all the powers of all the gods and goddesses. And don't ask me how I never exploded. I'm just special,"

"Can you show me your water powers?" He asked. Actually more pleaded.

"Sure," I set my converse down and stepped into the surf. I felt the familiar tugging in my gut as a little bit of water started to rise. I commanded the worm-shaped water to come forward. It circled us. Then I froze it. Solid ice was floating right in front of us.

"Woah," Nico went to poke it. But I melted it back to water just as he was about to touch it. "Hey!" I laughed and directed the water back into Long Island Sound. "No fair," he pouted. I giggled.

"Don't be so bratty. Come on. You ready for more practice?" He nodded.

"Can we do archery now?" He pleaded.

"Sure," I snapped my fingers and knelt as my backpack materialised in front of us. I got my bow and quiver then sent the backpack back to my cabin. "Alright let's go,"

***

"I don't know Nico..." my voice trailed off as Nico grabbed my hand and started to drag me toward the Hermes cabin.

"Come on Clair! You can take down a dozen dummies in ten seconds! And you can't even try to play Mythomagic?" He asked me. I sighed.

"Ok fine. You win. Let's go," we walked to the Hermes cabin so Nico could get his stuff. Then he started to teach me the ways of the game. He showed me all of his cards, figurines and along the way told me all of the attack points, specials and all that. To be honest it was interesting seeing all the monsters and gods and goddesses be like this. I almost laughed my head off seeing Posedion's figurine. It was nothing like Dad! The figurine had grey hair, blue eyes, a trident in hand and a toga. His face seemed so serious. Nothing like the Poseidon I knew.

***

Sigh. I guess this one will be crappy too. But the next one I swear to all the gods that it will be good! You just can't end a book on a crappy chapter. I understand if you don't like this book with all your heart and soul. But the last chapter I promise will be good! Just bear with me. Please? Anyway I thank you with all my heart for reading! :)