Surprise, Surprise!

Ms. Jackson, Percy, Thalia, Annabeth and I were packed into the car for our mission. We were heading from New York to Maine. With an eight hour drive there was just silence. But Ms. Jackson talks more when she's nervous. So on the way she managed to tell every single embarrassing baby story of Percy to Thalia and Annabeth with my help as a baby sister. Like the time Percy was eight and me, my mom and Ms. Jackson and Percy were at the store. And Percy literally jumped for joy when he saw a Little Mermaid doll.

"Oh my gods! I totally remember everything! He just ran to Ariel, picked her up and begged on his knees to both my mom and his mom to buy her. People were just staring at us. I had to hold in my laughter at that. When both said no we had to drag a bawling Percy out of the store," I laughed to tears when I looked back on it.

"Claira," Percy hid his face in his hands. He was sitting shotgun so none of us could see his face. But I'm pretty sure he was embarrassed as heck. Annabeth and Thalia were just amazed. They started to ask questions which I answered with complete honesty. Then I stopped short of an answer. I could sense something powerful nearby.

"We have arrived," I announced. Westover Hall was basically a huge stone castle-like building. We parked outside of the double doors.

"Are you sure you don't want me to wait?" Ms. Jackson asked.

"No thanks Mom. I don't know how long it'll take. We'll be fine," Percy tried to reassure her.

"But how will you get back? I'm worried Percy," Ms. Jackson looked at Percy.

"It's ok Ms. Jackson. We'll make sure he doesn't get into trouble," I laid my hand on her shoulder. She seemed to calm down a bit. She knows that Annabeth and I can take care of Percy just fine.

"Alright dears. You have everything you need?" She asked.

"Yes Ms. Jackson. Thanks for the ride," Thalia smiled. Then we got out of the car.

"Your mom is so cool Percy," Thalia said once her car was out of sight. "No offense Clair," Thalia added with a wary glance at me.

"None taken. It's ok," I smiled.

"She's pretty ok. What about you? You ever get in touch with your mom?" Percy asked. I tensed. Mortal parents can be a touchy subject for some demigods. And I was pretty sure that from when I first started to get to know Thalia she definitely had some trouble. And Thalia looked like she was gonna smack the Poseidon right outta Percy. But then Annabeth hurried us along.

"Your right. I wonder what Grover found that would make him send a distress call," Thalia shivered.

"Someone or something powerful. I can tell you that," I muttered. All three nodded. Once we entered I could swear to all the gods I felt a little jolt of pain in my core. But it immediately went away. I was thinking Hades now. But I knew he couldn't possibly be here for any reason. Then a man and a woman were bustling towards us. They looked like teachers. But the man was more suspicious to me. He looked... scary in a way that would make me draw my sword. He had one brown eye and the other was blue. It was cool but that tipped me off. I took note to be cautious of him. They asked us what we were doing here. They suspected us as visitors but I knew that I can manipulate the Mist. I learned from Chiron. I closed my eyes and snapped my fingers. I felt a gust of wind flow from my hand to all around. I opened my eyes and saw that Thalia also stepped up and used the Mist. She gestured for me to talk first.

"Oh but we're not visitors here sir. We go to school here,"

"You remember. I'm Thalia. And this is Claira, Annabeth and Percy. We're in the eighth grade," Thalia finished. The man hesitated. He turned to the woman.

"Ms. Gottschalk do you know these students?" He asked. She blinked like she came out of a trance.

"Yes I do believe so sir. Children what are you doing away from the gym?" She turned to us. Before we could answer we heard running footsteps and Grover ran up breathless. He managed to get us out of questioning. I saw Percy walk up to Thalia and whisper something to her.

"That was close. Thank the gods you got here!" Grover smiled. Annabeth, Thalia and I hugged him. Percy gave him a high five. It's been long since we've seen him.

"So what's the emergency?" I asked.

"I found two," he panted.

"Two half bloods? Here?" Thalia asked in amazement. Finding one half blood was hard enough. But two?

"A brother and sister. Ten and twelve. I don't know the parentage yet but they're strong," Grover described.

"Aw more siblings," I used Percy's shoulder as an arm rest.

"I'm running out of time though. I need help,"

"Monsters?" Annabeth asked.

"One. And he suspects. He may not let them leave campus! I can't get close! This might be our last chance," Grover explained.

"Right. These half bloods are at the dance?" Grover nodded at Thalia.

"Then let's dance. Who's the monster?" I asked.

"Oh you just met him. He's the vice principal Dr. Thorn," I knew it! That guy was a monster!