~Finale~

“Jaden, are you sure that’s the right order? I could walk around again.”

“Of course it’s the right order, I know it this time.”

“You said that last time.”

“Hush!”

Jaden frowned, trying to concentrate. He couldn’t, though, with Yusei blabbing at him to get the sequence right. Honestly, it was bad enough he lost another petal from his rose just because he got it wrong the first time. And it was also a huge fiasco trying to get Yusei to calm down when the petal fell off of Jaden’s rose, making him feel a little dizzy.

Yusei panicked so hard that Jaden thought he was literally going to have a heart attack.

Tick...tock...tick...tock... Played smoothly in the background, but it only made Jaden want to stab a wall with his rose.

“Ugh! I can’t concentrate!” Jaden shouted, throwing his hands up in exaggeration.

“I’ll tell you where to go, you press the button.” Yusei said.

“Fine...” Jaden mumbled.

“Top.”

Click.

“Middle left.”

Click.

“Top right.”

Click.

“Top left.”

Click.

“Bottom right.”

Click.

“Think you can do the rest?”

Jaden let out a brief nod, going over to the bottom middle button and hitting it with his foot, before swiftly going to the middle right and stomping on it.

And finally he pressed the last button, bottom left.

A key feel down from the floor, onto the middle of the room. Jaden’s eyes lit up in happiness and he grabbed the key, jumping for joy. “WE DID IT!”

Jaden giggled and looked over at Yusei, who gave a small nod and a smile. The brunette could tell he was excited though. This key could be their ticket to freedom. Freedom.

Yusei opened the door and they both exited the room, letting out a small sigh of relief.

“Maybe that house over there...the one with the heart on the door, this key might open that,” Yusei looked down at Jaden, who nodded.

Jaden unconsciously slipped his hand in Yusei’s, but there was a reason behind it. He felt a queasy feeling in his stomach, as if something wasn’t quite right. He gripped the other’s hand tightly, leading the way, all the while the brunette just knew something bad was ahead.

As they got to the door, the queasy feeling in Jaden’s stomach rose. He swallowed thickly, his hand now shaking, and he unlocked the door.

The room in the house was a plain white, and small pink lines outlining the exterior. Against the wall, in the middle of the room, was a blue box.

Jaden squeezed Yusei’s hand tightly, walking over to the box.

“...Toy box...” Yusei mumbled.

“It’s really big...” Jaden looked at him.

“It said there was a key in here...” Yusei looked inside the box, beckoning for Jaden to do the same. “I don’t see any key. It looks like a bottomless pit.”