Confusion & Clarity

(Sasusaku blank period quickly written snippet! Sasuke experiences Sakura's period for the first time on their travels. Sorry for this one you guys! When certain events affect my writing... 😂)

.
.
.

Sasuke Uchiha wasn't entirely sure what to make of it; not at first that is. It took the poor shinobi a little while to understand what it was that he was actually looking at, and when he did... the dark-haired male frowned.

The sticky, dark liquid that covered a majority of the thin fabric that rested between his fingers, or better known as Sakura's delicate undergarments, was absolutely perplexing. He recognized it for what it was... blood; so, then the question of how it got there, became the issue at hand.

Had she been injured somehow, down there, and simply chosen not to tell him about it? Maybe due to embarrassment or humiliation at its location...

Why though would she have kept it a secret from him? She was normally one to tell him everything.

Sasuke felt that he could have attempted to help her heal from it at the very least. The lone Uchiha was slowly progressing with the techniques (with Sakura's help of course) of her practice; slowly advancing and perfecting his training with the little bit of medical jutsu that he had learned from their sessions. He could have just practiced those learned techniques on her injury or he could have simply taken her to a hospital instead to have her thoroughly checked out by a trained and much more experienced professional. He could have—

Sasuke's dark, mismatched orbs bulged when he glanced up and met Sakura's darkened gaze; the foul, angry expression on her face sent shivers of unexpected fear down the full length of his spine. It immediately hit him like a ton of bricks and the poor man felt his own warm blood run cold at the startling realization; for he suddenly knew where the blood had actually coming from. He all of a sudden remembered a moment during his earlier teen years; a moment in time where he had dealt with this same sort of scenario... with his old team member Karin.

He swallowed as the thin, blood-soaked material slipped from the ends of his long fingers before plopping to the ground with a dull sound. Sasuke was an excellent shinobi; he was skilled in all different types of combat due to his long hours of training, but this... he had absolutely no idea how to hand this type of situation. His female partner was stalking towards him slowly, her movements were calculated and precise, and he had to fight every instinct within his body that told him to run away from her. The Uchiha couldn't remember a time when he had witnessed her in such an angry state before; and it was directed at... him specifically, which made him nervous as hell.

'Oh, fuck me! How in the hell could I have been so stupid!?! How could I have not thought of... that as being the problem!?! She is a fully grown woman after all; it's only natural. You're a stupid idiot; she's probably going to kill you...'

"Sasuke-kun, why are you touching my things?" The false sweetness that dripped into her tone caused another wave of anxiety to race through him; he had never been so nervous in his life to respond to her inquisition.

"I was... (swallow; step) just going to do some... (step, step, step) of the... of the uh, washing." He had legitimately been about to do just that when he had unexpectedly found her... things under a small pile of other clothing; as if she had been attempting to—

Now Sasuke understood... but he still didn't know how to handle the situation properly. He couldn't pinpoint a time when he had dealt with Sakura in this type of... predicament... before. Unless she had simply been better at hiding it back then. He did however remember something that had ended up working on Karin; when he and the rest of the male population of team Taka had to deal with her sudden mood swings, caused by her monthly cycle. Though at the time, he only did it as a means of shutting her up; it wasn't because he had actually cared for her. It was different with Sakura though, because he did care for her well-being... and his, which would be affected if things went south. The thing that had ended up working for him was—

"S-Sakura."

"What is it, Sasuke-kun?" The lone Uchiha male watched as his female companion crossed her arms over her petite chest; bright, green eyes completely fixated on him... unwavering and also, unblinking. It was slightly unnerving for him to see and the effect that it had on him was almost instantaneous as small beads of sweat began to form at his brow and temple. He swallowed.

'Please... please work...'

"It's almost lunch time, Sakura. Let's find a place to sit down and eat. We can rest there for a little while before heading out again. They might even have something... sweet." He watched on silently, holding his breath the entire time, as the pink-haired kunoichi took several (long) minutes to contemplate his suggestion before her feminine features began to transform. A bright and warm smile graced the young female's slowly softening features and he watched as she uncrossed her arms before bringing them up so that her fists came to clasp at the center of her perky breast (he tried not to stare at that spot for too long) and she looked at him with eager anticipation.

"Do you think we could find some dangos?"

"Hai."

Sasuke didn't really give a damn what it was that Sakura wanted; he would try and find it for her, regardless of what the request would be, he had decided. Luckily for him though, the place that they had found, after a short walk, was a place that served both spicy foods (which he liked) and something sweet (which Sakura loved; sweet and savory dangos included) ... so for now... he would consider this a win for him since things had went in his favor. For now, he considered himself to be relatively safe from Sakura's wayward hormones. He just hoped that he would be able to avoid her wrath for the next few days... until it passed; and Sasuke would be sure not to ask her any sort of  questions about the soiled panties... not now; not ever.