🐉Rescuing the Dragon: Part 2🐉

(Sasusaku au snippet)

BEFORE WE GET INTO IT, I WANT TO LET YOU ALL KNOW THAT I MAY NOT ALWAYS BE ABLE TO POST SOMETHING NEW EVERY SINGLE DAY. DON'T GET ME WRONG I LOVE DOING IT BUT SOMETIMES I WILL EITHER NEED A BREAK OR I JUST CAN'T COME UP WITH ANYTHING TO POST. SO, IF I SKIP A DAY OR TWO (OR EVEN MORE) JUST KNOW THAT I WILL BE BACK EVENTUALLY! OKAY, NOW THAT I GOT THAT OUT OF THE WAY ONTO THE SNIPPET! :)

.
.
.

Time passed slowly the farther they flew.

The midnight sky was slowly brightening as the beginnings of the morning's rays began to shine through the darkness.

Stars slowly disappeared...as did several of the dark shadows that covered the landscape below.

Soaring through the thick clouds and flying high above a crystal clear, sparkling lake.... straight into the unknown....

...Sakura Haruno finally felt... free.

.
.
.

The ticking of time passing by had caused the pinkette to grow weary; she felt herself growing sleepier by the second before she finally allowed her eyelids to drop whilst resting her chest against the thick hide of the beast between her legs. But right when she was about to fall into  unconsciousness... the large body beneath her shifted; startling her awake. She sat up swiftly to gain her bearings once more. Not much had changed in the small amount of time she had rested and so she let her mind wander. If she took the time to analyze her current situation, she knew that she should be worried. Sakura shouldn't be so trusting of the 'tailed-beast' she was currently straddling; but, being with him... being around him...and being this close to him just felt...right somehow; for the time being, she didn't question it.

When he suddenly began to lose altitude, she panicked slightly and quickly wrapped her arms around his thick neck the best that she could (considering his size); she let her thighs clench around him tightly and they grasped onto his thick hide with a near death grip. Sakura felt his large body rumble beneath her and somehow, she just knew that he was laughing at her. "It's not funny you know," she hissed in slight irritation but he merely snorted as a response before shifting his direction again. "I hope you know where we are going Sasuke." He glanced back at her over his shoulder with a stern expression as if to say something along the lines of... you should know I do, don't question me. She rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue playfully at him before glancing forward. "So... we are headed to your home then?" His large head rose slightly in the affirmative but that didn't make her feel much better. "What will...," she swallowed harshly as she began to feel slightly nervous for the first time since she had first approached him. "Will they be okay with me...coming with you I mean?" His lack of response worried her somewhat, but for some reason she knew that she could trust him; that he wouldn't let anything bad happen to her while she was with him.

Sakura suddenly gasped when she spotted the large opening of a cave pressed into the side of a massive mountain; the size of which could easily fit a large dragon such as the one she was riding. Sakura held on tightly as he slowly lowered; his body tensing slightly under her as he prepared to land. Before he reached the cave however, he let loose a loud, rumbling cry that rattled her bones. The sound was...

So strong...

It was so powerful.

It was so... him.

Sakura shivered slightly due to his dominant nature... due to the power that she knew he possessed; it made her have a strong feeling of... desire; though she tried to shake off the feeling quickly because now wasn't the time for such thoughts. She felt and heard rather than saw his kin's response as the sounds of several more dragons called back to him in what she could only assume was some kind of welcome greeting... or at least she hoped it was.

When he finally managed to land safely and lower his body slightly; Sakura slide from his strong back before turning away from him to watch as the sun began its slow assent above the tall trees of the surrounding forest. Different shades of pinks, oranges, blues and purples began to light up the dull sky and she heaved a soft sigh as her eyes gazed out at the sight before her in slight awe.

The tops of the tall trees sparkled with the morning dew...

The small lake in the distance rippled as the water splashed the rocks surrounding the gravelly edges...

A deer grazed lazily in the morning chill of an open field as if it had no cares in the word; and she supposed for the time being...it didn't.

Sakura sighed contently as she crossed her arms over her chest and relaxed her posture. A small smile graced her lips as her green eyes swiveled slightly while she took in her new surroundings with a calmed heart. She hoped she would be allowed to call this place home for a while...it was simply beautiful. 'It's no wonder the dragons like it so much...'

"Beautiful... isn't it," a deep, very masculine voice sounded from behind her and at first, she didn't seem to notice that someone else was standing with her; so, content was she that her senses hadn't picked up on the approaching footsteps.

"Yeah it...," Sakura's voice trailed off slowly when she suddenly realized that someone else had spoken and she swiftly turn around to stare... wide-eyed at the lone figure behind her. The suns growing light shone brightly enough that her green eyes could easily make out the tall form of a human being as the person now stood directly in front of her... only a few feet away. 'How did I not even notice him approach me?'

In the place where the large black dragon had once stood; now stood a man...

Tall, muscular and pale skin adorned his frame...

Handsome, dark features and then...

...the familiar red irises that she had grown so accustomed to; his dark eyes that seemed to pierce straight into her very soul every single time he looked upon her. But... could it really be him?

Sakura gulped harshly as her brain worked overtime. The pinkette had heard stories about the dragons begin able to transform into some sort of human form; being called shapeshifters, but she had never actually seen it happen...that is, she hadn't seen it happen...until now. She was in awe of him; this handsome creature of the night, of myths and legends was now standing proudly before her. It all made sense now. This was the dragon turned man that she had been hell bent on freeing earlier...

This man was absolutely stunning...and... completely naked. She quickly averted her gaze upwards to meet his sharp orbs once more; trying not to let her eyes linger on anything that would be considered... inappropriate. Her breath left her lungs in harsh pants when she spoke his name upon a whisper as if to confirm her theory that it in fact was him and not someone else.

"S-Sasuke..."

His face was as stoic as she was expecting it to be but his eyes...they held a small warmth that she somehow knew was meant for only her; to try and help ease her slightly nervous state more than likely. Sasuke slowly reached his large hand out towards her. "Come," he cooed gently and without hesitating, she wrapped her thin fingers within his and held his hand tightly as she slowly followed him into the dark mouth of the cave...

...into the unknown...

...into her future.

'It was their destiny; written from their very birth.'