Chapter 3

My phone buzzed and when I looked, I sighed at the sight of John's name.

I had called Pam almost as soon as I left Mr. Beckett's office that morning and I still hadn't heard from her. As much as I loved my boyfriend, he was not who I needed at that moment.

John: Are you coming home anytime soon?

Me: I have no idea. This guy doesn't seem to want to leave.

John: Did you ask him if it was okay for you to go?

Me: Absolutely not! I can't ask him to do anything nice for me after this morning.

John: Were you late again?

Me: I don't wanna talk about it.

John: Fine, just let me know when you're leaving.

I set the phone down and looked up to see Mr. Beckett still sitting at his desk as he had been all day, switching from looking over documents to looking at his computer screen, back and forth. He hadn't asked me anything all day, which must have meant that he had it handled.

Maybe if I just...

I stood and started gathering my things as quietly as I could and I only had my coat on when I heard his booming voice come through the speaker box. "Got a hot date?"

I stopped my packing and looked up at him and saw that he was smirking at me through the glass.

I pressed the button to respond. "No, I just hadn't heard from you and this is normally when I go home."

"Are you bored with me, already?"

"I mean...you haven't really said much to me." I replied. "I have no idea how boring you may or may not be."

"Come in here and find out."

I watched him fold his fingers together as he stared at me and place those fingers on his lips, waiting for me.

Was he flirting?

I felt my face become hot as my eyes met his and I realized that my stomach was turning. Something else was starting to stir as well and I had to talk myself down.

Of course he's not flirting. He's your boss.

I took a deep breath and set my things down before walking over to his office. I closed the door behind me as I entered and walked over to the front of his desk.

He motioned to the chair beside me. "You can take a seat, if you'd like." He smirked. "So why do you find me so boring, Ms. Grant?"

My face was on fire. "I...I didn't say that, Mr. Beckett."

"Are you nervous?"

I nodded. "I have no idea why, though."

"It's probably because you're attracted to me."

What?

"I...I don't think..." I sighed. "That would not be appropriate, Mr. Beckett."

"Only if it weren't reciprocated."

If anyone could see me in the moment, they would think that I had just spent the day in the sun and refused sunscreen. His voice was so gruff and sensual, I didn't even know how to fully respond with anything that made sense.

My god, why was he so hot?

I crossed my legs in an attempt to quiet the pulsating from between them that I swear could be heard throughout the room. I could feel the blood rush to my poor neglected clit and the soft purr of his words rushed through my body.

Wait a minute. Did he say reciprocated?

"What do you mean?"

He grinned. "The feeling is mutual." He replied. "For example, we would be mutually satisfied if you gave me permission."

"Permission...to what?" I swallowed hard.

He leaned forward and pulled at the knot of his tie, loosening it a bit more as we locked eyes. "Permission to shut the blinds...or better, to leave them open...and let me bend you over the desk."

My brain might as well have been scrambled at that moment.

All language escaped.

The only thought that remained was the image now planted there of me pressed against the desk with Mr. Beckett pulling down my pants...

I can't breathe.

I opened my mouth and closed it again, unsure of what to say aside from YES and then thinking better of it for a moment. The logical side of my brain wanted to know what would happen if I gave permission and it was battling my aching sex.

"What do you say, Ms. Grant?"

                                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~

When I made it through the door, I couldn't get into the bedroom fast enough. I threw everything in my hands on the floor and catapulted my shoes as I made my way down the hall and burst through the bedroom door.

John was already in bed.

I climbed in and instantly went to work on his boxers.

He woke up slightly and groaned as I licked up and down his length. It only took a moment before he was hard as a rock and I could feel myself salivating as I thought about finally satisfying this aching. As I stripped, John seemed to complete the process of waking up and grinned at me.

"What's this about?"

"I need it." I replied. "Now."

He frowned. "Sweetie, that's not how this is done and you know it."

"I know." I whined. "But I am telling you that I want you to fuck me...now and I can't wait any longer, babe."

John pulled his boxers back up and I, at that moment, could have thrown something at him.

"Look, I'm all for you throwing yourself at me and I have wanted you too."

Could have fooled me.

"But this is not how we communicate effectively and continue to grow as a couple." He sighed. "Maybe we need to go see someone."

"Someone?" I asked "Are you talking about couple's counseling?"

He nodded. "You just seem to be on all of the time and I can't be there with you." He shrugged. "There is just something missing here."

I chuckled. "Yes...sex." I replied. "That is what we've been missing for months!" I rushed to put my underwear back on and I tried to continue the argument without falling over as I balanced. "If we need to go see anyone for anything it should be about how you are just so unattracted to me all of a sudden!"

He shook his head. "Stop being so damn dramatic, Anna. It has not been that long."

"Valentine's weekend." I replied. "We got drunk and took an Uber home. That was the last time you have even dared to touch me in a sexual way." I walked toward the bedroom door and slammed it behind me to give him the drama that he claimed.

The story continues FREE on Inkitt... Link in bio