08

Minutes turn to hours

      "GET HIM!" The young knights call out, chasing after the unlawful thief who held riches and gold in his bag. The thief cackles, not bothering to look behind the slow knights as he advances to the empty chariot.

     He places the full bag beside him, grabbing onto the reins of the chariot as he commands the horses to run.

     "Stop right there!" One of the knights ordered. The thief grins, waving his hand farewell to the knights. "HAHA! Stupid knights. Their first day of being an official knight and they'll be fired."

     In amidst of his cheer, he was kicked right at the face, knocking himself off the chariot and falling straight at the ground. Kirishima, the one who had kicked the poor criminal, sat at the driver's seat and pulled on the reins, stopping the horses from manoeuvring.

     "Nice one, Eijiro!" Amihan called, jumping over Kirishima's head as she gave the thief a roundhouse kick back to the ground. The thief seethed, going back up on his feet as he throws a punch to Amihan. Unfortunately for him, Amihan caught his fist, a tempting smile on her face.

     "How unlucky for you." She smirked, holding on to the first before throwing him on the wall. The thief groaned, unable to get up by the impact. Amihan stretched her arms upward, a yawn escaping her lips.

     "It's the Knickel knights!" The young unassigned knight exclaimed as the group of his batch runs over to the two. They formed a straight line and saluted towards the two.

     Kirishima hopped out of the vehicle, holding on to the bag. He squinted his eyes, looking at the younger knights. "Hey, you guys are just trainees!" He exclaimed, pointing at the badge that was sewed onto the trainee's outfit.

     Amihan looked over to them, gasping as she nods her head. "No wonder. What are trainees doing outside the castle?" She crossed her arms, looking at each trainee with the average age of fourteen.

     One of them shouted in response. "We were ordered by our captain! To go outside and show what we were made of!" His eyes were shut closed. Amihan and Kirishima looked at each other for a second.

     "You guys do know that the only one that can order the captain of the trainees is the crown prince, don't you?" Kirishima asks the trainees to confirm.

     Just as he said that, the sound of hooves and horses neared the group. Amihan turned her head behind her to see a beautiful white horse with the royal crest on its saddle.

     "Ah, Amihan. What a coincidence." Prince Shōtō acknowledges. Amihan gaped, what the hell was he doing outside the castle walls?

     "Prince! You didn't sneak out?" Amihan mouthed the last part. She noticed that contrary to before, Shōtō was on a horse with the royal crest, the paladin knights and his well-known attendant, Tenya Iida.

     The younger knights gasp and turn to each other, shocked by the fact their prince knew the name of a girl and was close enough to call her by her first name. Especially Kirishima who had his hand on his scabbard. His eyes darkened, but a neutral look remained on his face.

     "I'll tell you when I have the time, however..." Shōtō turned to look at the fallen thief who laid on his face at the floor. "You seem to have your hands full." He noted glancing back at Amihan who was still utterly confused.

     "Y-yes, it seems so..." Amihan trailed off, looking behind her to see the thief as well. With a flick of her finger, the trainees heeded her command and proceeded to tie-up the criminal. "But I was just to be done."

     Todoroki nodded, "you seem bundled up." He noted, looking over at her clothes to see her wear an extra-long sleeves. Amihan crossed her arms, licking her dry (ew, crusty ass--) lips as she replied.

     "It is almost winter." She told awkwardly. Shōtō suddenly felt nostalgic from the first time they talked to each other it was winter.

     "Yes, I know that." Despite his blunt response, the two of them didn't pay any mind to it. Just starting at each other without a care in the world. However, the world did care.

     One of the kids gasped, "squad captain and the prince knows each other! Wait, she is a squad captain, right?" The kid genuinely questioned.

     His friend nudged him in the stomach, "shut up, Ed. First of all, it's obvious that know each other, can't you tell? And second, she isn't a squad captain, dumbass. If she was, she would've been everywhere but an empty street."

     "But Phil, she was so cool earlier! Didn't you see the way she kicked this guy?!" Ed told Phil, referring to the man they were currently tying up. Phil deadpanned but didn't disagree with what he said.

     Amihan approached the two, who were the only ones getting the job done but doing it loudly at the same time. She placed a hand at her hip, "I'm glad and I appreciate you guys doing what I've ordered you to do but... Would you mind doing it silently?" She requested.

     Phil and Ed were holding a rope that tied the thief, but Ed suddenly lets go leaving Phil to tighten up the rope. "Yes ma'am!" Ed saluted.

     Phil rolled his eyes, kicking Ed's butt to gain his attention. "Hey, do your job."

     Amihan quietly whistled, nodding her head as she walked away from the duo. Kirishima walked beside her, who was walking behind the Paladin knights.

     Kirishima leaned in to whisper, "what're we doing here?"

     Amihan stretched her arms, yawning in the process. "Taking a break." Kirishima didn't buy what she said.

----

Ed and Phil are my favourite OCs  😌 you can't tell me otherwise. I mean, a one-brain cell type of person and a person who's annoyed by anything. Literally, they fit each other.