I Found An Autobot 2.0

THE  road was silent and the skies above were clear. A navy blue Honda drove down the streets, three occupants inside. The breeze shuffled through the trees, leaves fell from their branches and danced elegantly in the wind until they reached the ground. The moon illuminated the woods and the night was just beautiful.

The couple inside the car held one another's hand on the center console; a grip so tight like it was their lifeline. The man white knuckled the steering wheel glancing at the green sign on the side of the road.

"Almost there. "

He whispered and looked over at the woman. Silent tears ran down her cheeks as she turned around to look at her sleeping child in the back seat. "Love, I'm scared. "

She whispered back, voice breaking as she held back a sob. She moved a piece of hair from the little girls face and went back to starting at the road ahead. A bridge came into view.

"I love you. "

"I love you, forever. "

The man took her hand and floored it, reaching speeds he never had before tonight. He glanced in the rear view mirror at his sleeping daughter and smiled gently. He took a breath and veered the car to the right, crashing through the concrete railing and plummeting into the black water below. Unfortunately both man and woman died on impact. The child though, remained awake after crashing through the railing. She screamed and cried until her voice was raw and water filled the inside of the car. She could not get out by herself. She felt a fear she did not know existed and she fell unconscious after a short minuet underwater.

A lone hiker happened to struggle falling asleep at their campsite witnessed the crash and called for emergency help. He did not think anyone alive.. and did not try to look. No more than two minuets passed when emergency services pulled up wearing diving gear. They began their work immediately and when they pulled a little girl form the water a man raced to her side after he heard them yell from the water. "We got a survivor! "

He slid down to his knees and listened for her heartbeat. It was faint but she was not breathing. He took off his jacket and placed his hands on her chest.

"I got a young girl, maybe 10 years old. Mild lacerations on her arms and face. Mild bleeding, she isn't breathing but I have a pulse! Possible fluid trapped in her lungs, suffering from asphyxial cardiac arrest. Preforming emergency CPR! I need an oxygen mask and a stretcher immediately! "

He ordered sternly in hopes of saving her. He pumped her chest before plugging her nose and opening her mouth. She got a breathe but only that single one. He continued CPR.

"C'mon I know you can do it. Breathe! " He forced air through her mouth again before she choked and squirmed around in fear. He rolled her onto her side where she convulsed the water trapped in her body. She coughed violently and sobbed.

"Easy now easy. You're okay. Don't worry you're gonna be fine. Listen to me, you'll be alright. " When she stopped coughing he rolled her onto her back and assessed her more deeply.

"My name is Micheal, okay? I'm going to help you. Can you tell me your name? " He spoke sweetly to distract her from the needles and bandages being wrapped around her wounds to stop the bleeding and watch for any broken bones. She sucked in a shaky breathe. "I-Ivory. My names Ivy. "

Her voice breaking into a whisper. "Ivory? Very pretty name. I'm going to lift you up now okay? Ready? "

She gave a look of confirmation, finding it hard to move her neck as it was inside some sort of red brace.

"How old are you Ivory? "

"I'm Twelve- Ah! "  Micheal and two men then lifted her onto the gurney and strapped her in securely. As they did so Micheal caught eye of the divers pulling in two people from the water.

Not just people, but their bodies...He felt a pang of sadness and failure in his chest but a small surge of satisfaction as he looked at the little girl alive beside him.

Poor girl lost both her parents in a single night. She's so young to have gone through this hell...

They wheeled her towards the ambulance and she reached out with a short cry. Her eyes closed. Micheal smiled and took her hand gently, knowing that young kids often need the comfort of the person who saved them after a traumatic event.

But this girl was different, he didn't want to leave her side and didn't feel as if it were his duty under his profession.

He felt this protectiveness he only felt towards his own daughter sleeping at home. They resembled one another very closely.

"I'll ride with her, follow us back and we'll meet you there. "

They gave questioning looks before noticing Ivory seemed to remain calm while holding her saviors hand. They nodded and shut the doors before taking off down the road to the hospital.

Ivory opened her eyes and looked out the back windows as they drove away from the scene, away from her parents, a tear slipping down her cheek. "Goodbye... "

She barely whispered before letting the drugs entering her system take over and rendering her unconscious.