~confessions..~

"yes!" i replied.

bakugo looked away with a "tch"

"so is it a daaaaaatttteeeee?" i said playfully. "i guess, if you want it to be." he replied. heat rose to my cheeks immediately. d-does he like me?!

bakugo and i walked to a cafe and sat down at a table. "hey, i need to tell you something." i said. bakugo shifted his attention to me and i smiled. "i'm gay.. i hope you don't think of me any different than before." i said as i began to sweat. "i'm gay too." he replied with a smile. i threw my hands up. "we're like gay best friends!" i said happily. "yeah. best friends." he whispered the last part, but i could still hear him.

-afterwards-

we decided to go to the park and hang out. we decided to get some boba from the cafe and we were drinking it while talking.

somehow the topic of crushes got brought up.

"c'mon bakubro! describe what your crush is like!" i said as i tugged on his hoodie a little bit. "he's an idiot." bakugo replied. i rolled my eyes. "that could be anyone!"

"he's in our class and he's an idiot. he's also gay." bakugo said in an annoyed tone. "is it deku?"

"no"

"is it kirishima?"

"no"

"is it.. me?"

"..."

bakugo looked away. and i let out a gasp. "DO YOU LIKE ME?!" i yelled happily. bakugo covered my mouth with his hand. "SHUT UP DUNCE FACE!"

i pulled his hand off my mouth. h-he confessed.. the stinging in my throat and the pain in my stomach, the feeling of suffocation.. it's.. gone.

"you know that i have a disease called hanahaki right?" i said.

"yeah." he said.

"i think you just cured it." i said as i began to tear up.

"you mean.. you liked me?! and almost died because of it?!" bakugo said with concern. i nodded slowly and bakugo did something i never thought he would... he hugged me. it was a genuine, calming hug. "i'm.. so sorry." he said.

"you don't have to apologize" i said as i buried my face into his chest. the smell of him seeping through my nose.