Chapter Seven

**Some Swearing Ahead**

Peter had already texted Wilson and Murdock what time to meet at the quinjet and that they would have an extra agent tagging along on this mission. Murdock had asked who it was before Wade went off on a rant on how there was no way anyone was going to be able to keep up with them. Peter rolled his eyes, not bothering to reply, knowing that when Wade went off on rants it was usually best to wait until he was done before saying anything.

Instead he decided to check up on the Avenger he had dubbed "old man."

Old Man

Peter: "Hey old man, did you manage to hack me yet?"

Peter waited ten minutes, but still got no answer. His foot bounced up and down, impatience and boredom weighing down on him

Peter: "You usually text back by now, everything alright on your end?"

    Two minutes go by with no response.

Peter: "If you don't text back I'm gonna hack FRIDAY."

    Peter waited a total of thirty-five seconds before his fingers reached for the keyboard on the desk in front of him. He had been planning to work in his lab that weekend to prepare his suit for the mission, but this was way more fun.

    He searched through FRIDAY's cameras, scanning for Mr. Stark, and he didn't have to search for long. Through the webcam in Mr. Stark's computer, Peter could see Mr. Stark in his lab.

And he looked dead.

His eyes were red from lack of sleep with deep bruises under his eyes. Beside his slumped figure was a coffee cup and his eyes stared blankly at the screen in front of him. Movement behind Mr. Stark caught Peter's gaze and switched the camera to see outside the lab doors. Pepper Potts seemed to be outside the lab, banging her hands against the locked door.

"FRIDAY, why is  Mr. Stark ignoring Mrs. Potts?"

"Mr. Stark has not left the lab in four days. Mrs. Potts is quite worried since he has not slept or eaten in all that time. Mr. Stark has locked everyone out of his lab saying he does not want to be disturbed."

"Let me guess, the idiot is still trying to hack me." Peter shook his head with 'eyebrows of disappointment' that Steve would be proud of.

"Well, you might not be able to help him FRIDAY, but I certainly can." Using Tony's phone contacts, Peter brought up Pepper's phone number. Peter plugged the number into his phone and decided to text her and let her know he was going to help her out.

Mrs. Potts

Peter: " Excuse me, Mrs. Potts? I'm the person Mr. Stark has been trying to hack for the last few days. I'm really sorry for antagonizing him and causing you to worry. I'm going to shut down his computer access to his lab and unlock the door for you to get in. Please make sure he gets some sleep. Again, I'm really super sorry, and I promise not to hack FRIDAY again unless I have permission. Sorry."

    Pepper stared blankly at her phone, unsure of what the heck was happening. She only looked up when she heard swearing from inside the lab. She looked in the glass window to see Tony's screens all dark except for the one in front of him.

    "What the fuck!"

The door in front of Pepper unlocked and swung open easily. Pepper walked through cautiously and looked over her fiance's shoulder to read what was on the screen.

"You need to sleep Mr. Stark, I'm really sorry about this, but Mrs. Potts is very worried."

A grin grew onto her face, whoever this person was clearly only had Tony's best interest in mind, in a chaotic good kind of way.

Despite Tony's frustrated rants, Pepper stalked up behind him, and slapped him on the back of his head.

"Tony, it's time for bed."

Tony gawked in silent surprise, his hand pointing from the previously locked door to where his fiance stood in front of him.

"H-how?"

"Your little hacker friend offered to help me when he saw how concerned I was about you. Now, off to bed. No more excuses." Pepper tugged him up, supported most of his weight as they walked towards the elevator.

After dropping her fiance off in their bedroom, Pepper got back into the elevator, intent on finishing the rest of her paperwork before questioning Tony on this new hacker friend he's made.

"Mrs. Potts, you have received a new message from a person that has dubbed himself "Hacker Kid," would you like me to read it out for you?"

"Thank you FRIDAY, but that won't be necessary."

Hacker Kid

Peter: "Again, I'm really sorry Mrs. Potts. I had no idea he would go this far to try and break my firewalls."

Pepper: "I'm not sure whether I should thank you or be insulted by how easily you seem to have broken into our databases."

Peter: "I've been told I have a pretty high IQ by my teachers, so I wouldn't worry too much about it, but if you'd like I could leave some coding suggestions for Mr. Stark to help protect SI databases more."

Pepper: "Considering my fiance hasn't been able to hack you, I think it might be a good idea for Tony to get some coding tips."

Peter: "Lol, Tony Stark taking coding tips from a teenager. Anyway, I was wondering if you'd actually like me to add a protocol to FRIDAY that would let you override Mr. Stark's orders when he does something like this again?"

Pepper: "You can do that?"

Peter: "Sure, I'll add it right now and Friday can tell you what it's about, just give me a second."

    Sure enough, FRIDAY announced the addition of a new protocol.

    "Mrs. Potts, a new protocol has been added to my systems called the "Old Man Is Being An Idiot" protocol. An email has been sent to your computer that details exactly what this will do. Please review and confirm these changes to my software as soon as possible, hopefully before Boss wakes up from his nap."

    Pepper laughed loudly at the name of the coding being added and decided then and there that this boy was one of her favorite people.