Klaus' POV

(I'm getting a lot of DM's of people upset and shocked that I made Klaus so awful and cruel to his mate.  Not to worry!
I also figured I would do a very short chapter of Klaus' point of view since I don't switch it a whole lot.
So here's a short filler chapter to hold you over until I finish the next one)

Finally having Damon in my arms the way he should have always been was almost harmonious, but we seemed to realize around the same time that something was missing.  For the last 2 weeks that Damon has been working out his feelings, Liliana was there to encourage him, and relax me, and not having heard her say anything was a little discouraging, making me pull away.

"I expected to hear commentary by now love.  I thought you would be more...excited... Lili!  Liliana!  Damon, do you see her?"

"No."  He mumbled, looking around a little more frantically now as I did.  "Even bigger problem now that we see Lili gone...where's Ray?"  I spun to see the spot I had dropped Ray to be empty, all except for a blood bag with some taken out of it.

"She fed him while we were...oh no!  If he bites her...we have to find her, quickly, they should have another-"  I checked my watch.  "I'd say 20 minutes at the least, we have to go."

"This is all my fault!  Why couldn't I just kiss you at home like a normal person, oh god she's gonna die and it's my fault!"  He seemed to be having whatever the equivalent of a panic attack was for vampires.

"Damon.  Damon!  Relax, you will stay here in case she comes back.  Understand?"  He nodded and I kissed him quickly after sitting him back down.  "Okay, call me if she comes back or they start waking up, I'll go find her, no need to worry."

Because I'm doing enough of that for the both of us.

I ran off in the direction I smell them going and it took about 5 minutes but I practically fell over Ray, now nothing more than a dead body, skin turned grey with a stake in his chest.  I looked him over, seeing blood around his mouth, smelling it closely and knowing for a fact it was my mates.  Wherever she is in these woods, she's full of werewolf venom and on the verge of hallucinating, if she hasn't started already.

God Liliana, where are you?

I had already been gone 10 minutes and knew I couldn't stay much longer, god forbid Damon be bitten as well but I kept going, picking up the scent of blood and coming to a clearing.

My little mate had always been sweet, occasionally defensive of either those she cares about or her mental state but she was always a loving little thing.  The scene in front of me left me to believe she was capable of far more than I ever thought.

There was blood everywhere, more than I thought possible from one human, leading me to believe she didn't drink much of it at all.  It was sprayed all over the clearing which couldn't be but half a football field long, body parts and organs scattered about and...how did she get blood that far up a tree? 

I never thought about it but giving someone who already has a fragile mental state something that will make them hallucinate and lose touch with reality could be a problem...

I'm coming kitten, hold on just a little bit longer for me.  I will find you.