nine

a typical teenager would be out on a saturday night – nina always reminded herself of that fact

a typical teenager would be out on a saturday night – nina always reminded herself of that fact. however, here she was, eagerly skipping into work without a care in the world. she served each customer with extra joy, flashing smiles and offering cheerful greetings to everyone. she was a little embarrassed to let ricky bowen's potential arrival have that much control over her emotions, but she quickly dismissed her shame.

luckily nina was busy that night, so she couldn't let her mind drift too much, but it was towards the end of her shift that she realized her anticipated guest was nowhere to be seen. when the last few customers started to filter out, nina was finally off the clock. sighing to herself, she let her boss know she was leaving and headed out to her car. once inside, she couldn't help but stare at her phone in her cup holder. suddenly, she snagged it, heading to twitter and searching for ricky's name. a small frown appeared on her lips when she saw his recent.

of course he was busy

of course he was busy. he was a celebrity, after all. nina didn't know why she was upset. it was just one conversation. it wasn't like he actually wanted to spend more time with her. he was simply being polite, not wanting her to feel bad about herself. how could she blame him for that?

instead of pondering further, nina headed to spotify, typing in ricky's name and scavenging for his newest ep. clicking on shuffle, she strapped herself in and began to back out of the parking space while the first song filled the car.

"look me in the eyes, tell me you're not lying to me."