Chapter 8

Worries grew as time passed. Neither Dayong nor Qiao Chen was back yet. They were thinking of even having to forfeit the match. Guessing that they weren't going to be back soon, Weichi offered to replace him. Consulting this idea with the umpire, he was cool with it. So, Weichi took her brother's racquet and walked onto the court with Jiale.

Jiale was surprised, but decided against voicing his thoughts. Sure he and Dachi made a promise, but what could he do now. It seemed like Weichi was trying to play his part, but was failing terribly. One thing she remembered from Dayong and Siyang was that she was best suited as a front player.

She struggled as she played back-court, but Jiale realized the mistake. He told Weichi to switch positions when the double's team of Xing Yao High served. They switched places and it allowed Weichi to show them what her new and hidden SM. Or in other words, Special Move. 

Xing Yao's players tried to return it but to no avail, had shot it into the net. They were surprised at the ball's weight. It looked like a light shot, so how was it so heavy? 

To say that the others were surprised was an understatement. They were simply astonished. Especially her brother.

"W-What was that?" Ji Jingwu breathed, his posture straightening as he analyzed the young girl. Just what was that?

"Senpai," Lu Xia called out. Weichi turned her head to him, her face showing that she was listening attentively.

"What was that move called?" He asked.

With a smirk she called out, "It's called..."