•pick your poison•

This is from the author:
Hi! I know this story is short but the next story will be much longer! Make sure to give me your thoughts and idea and make sure to vote! ( also there is smut but not quite yet mostly just flirting)

(Y/n pov)

I woke up from the sound of my mother calling my name. I slowly got out of my crummy bed and followed the sound of her voice.

She was in my farther room, he was very sick but we didnt have the money to pay for him to get the help he needs.

  She gave me a smile which meant it was big new since she rarely smiled ever since dad got sick.

" I know you are only y/a but i got you a job! It pays enough to get your dad all better!" Mother said in eximent. My eyes widen at the good news, it been such a long time since I had heard good news.

"What is the job?" I said with a smile on my face

" um well its kinda a maid/assistant type job..." she said shyly

Even though cleaning wasn't my favorite thing in the world I still wanted to do it, i wanted my dad to get the help he needs.

" so who am i cleaning for?" I said impatiently

" um well my close friend Sir Reginald Hargreeves, he had also requested that you stay at the mansion. "

My eyes widened. No! Not him! His children go to my school! And some of them are nice, for example vanya, alison and ben and klause but Diego and luther are kinda mean. Worst of all five hargreeves, he is such a know it all and always make me feel small,plus he always teases me. He also stares at me tell he notices that I noticed, if thats not creepy than I dont know what is.

I open my mouth to complain but shuts it right away. I can't just give up this job cause for some mean freak,my dad need my help...

" o-oh okay... um so um when do i start..?"

She smiles brightly at me and said " tomorrow at 6:50 y/n"

She than went back to sitting down in the chair next to my father like she usually does. I head towards the kitchen to go make some cheap coffee and eat some off brand cereal.

~later that night~

I kept on tossing and turning all night.

   How on earth was I supposed to clean the same place my enemy slept! As much as I didnt wanna do this I had to, my dad would do the same if it was me that was sick.

I was still wide awake when I heard the alarm i had set go off. I hit the dismiss button before getting up and getting dressed. I packed a bag full of clothes and accessories. I then headed out the door, I was too nervous to eat 'honey O's'.

I walked a mile or 2 before I arrived at the mansion, it was big with a big black gate. I been here multiple time since my mom was close friends with sir reggie, and eveytime five was just smirking and teasing. I always just wanted to kick him where the sun dont shine but I know that would just end bloody.

I knocked at the door shyly hoping it wasn't five who awnsers. Luckily for me sir reggie opened the door and with a slight smile he let me in. I followed him into the living room where I saw 6 other kids other than the hargreeves kids who were standing infront of the other kids who I have never seen before. There were 5 boys and 1 girl. Sir reggie pointded next to a boy, he had blonde hair and grey dull eyes.

I walked over to him and than standed by his side, I looked forward to look more presentable and that when I saw that stupid smirking face. Five hargreeves was about 7 feet away from me right next to his brother luther. He started to stare at me tell sir reggie started to speak.

" as many as you know Grace had a little accident and is being repaired, it'll about a month to repair. All 7 of you would be personalized to one out of the 7 umbrella academy members. Your job will to assist and clean after them as they shall be focused on umbrella academy business. The umbrella academy member who you get assigned to knows what they are talking about so when they tell you to do something... you do it, or else you'll be fired within a snap. " He said with absolutely no emotion.

" you will also be needing uniforms which the member you are assigned to will hand you when you are settled in. Anymore information you need you'll ask the member you are assigned to after being assigned" he added while grabbing a clipboard.

He looked at the clip bored for a whiled than said
"Five you have the most points from training, you pick who will be assigned to you."

I crossed you fingers hoping he wouldn't choose me.

He looked directly at me and smirked
"I think y/n y/l will be the best fit for me" he said while still looking at me.

My heart sunk in disbelief. I had gotten assigned to clean after Five hargreeves for a whole month! I just stood there looking at reggie hoping he'll deside that I wasnt the best fit for Five.

" very well, show y/n where she'll be staying. And awnsers all questions she may or may not ask." He said looking at the clipboard

Five looked at me and moved his head slightly sideways and back to signal to follow him. I follow five up stairs and he showed me the room I'll be staying in. It was bigger and prettier than your room at home. He than pointed to a room next to yours

" this is my room" he said while smirking

" If you ever have a nightmare.... you can always hop in my bed, I wouldn't mind" he said still smirking.

"That will be unessery" I said as politely as possible.

Still smirking he went into his room and come out seconds later with a short skirt,skin color tights and a cute black top with the tua logo on it.

"Why is the skirt so short" I asked hoping he had a longer one.

" cause... I got to choose the skirt" he said smirking even wider than before

My eyes widened, I crossed my arms
" I'm not wearing that" I said boldly

He chuckled " If you want to keep this job, you are gonna wear this skirt." He said amusingly.

He knew I was too poor to give down this job over a skirt so I grabbed the clothes and went into what was now my room for the next month. I was in the middle of changing when Five knocked on door

" Are you done y/n?" He said loudly so I could hear threw the wooden door

At least he had some decently to knock but is rather impatient

" No." I splated

When I was finished I walked out of the room. Five was standing out side of the door tapping his foot impatiently. When he realizes that I was finally done he looked up and down at me. I blushed a little due to embarrassment.