Wedding preparation

It was busy at the palace. Maids were running across the rooms with hands full of flowers, bottles and cloths of different kinds.

Outside in the woods the elves were preparing long tables and chairs for the celebration, decorating trees with lanterns and at the end of corridor they build a beautiful arch, covered with moss at leaves.

I was sitting in our room, gazing from the window, watching the beautiful spring scenery.

A little bird landed on the window sill, grabbing one of the papers from my desk to his beak.
" Hey !" I catched him by his tail, gently taking the handwritten letter from him.
" You better find something else." I smiled.
" Here." I gave him a small piece of lembas that was supposed to be my lunch.
He took it with a tweet which propably meant Thank you. I can't speak birdish.
Then he flew out of the window, carrying the small piece in his beak.
I watched him until he dissapeared in the dense trees.

Then I returned to my writing of wedding invitations.
" Dear Aragorn and Arwen..." hmmm. What next ?
" Since we are going to be married soon, we want to celebrate this wonderful moment with you." Legolas placed his hand on my shoulder with a smile, looking at the letter. I wrote what he said and turned to him.

" What do you say ?" I showed him the huge pile of letters on the side of my desk.
He kissed my cheek and smiled:
" Wonderful."
" I invited everyone. Frodo, Sam and Rosie, Merry, Pippin. Gimli too. Of course my father Elrond and Arwen with Aragorn. This one..." I showed him a golden letter with red sign.
" Is for Eowin and Faramir."
" We could invite Eomer too."
" Yes of course. I almost forgot." I took another paper and started writing.

" Do you remember that drinking game in Edoras ?" Legolas laughed.
" That was terrible. I'll never taste alcohol again." I laughed.
" Well... A wedding is coming...." he winked at put the letter I wrote in an envelope.
" Here is another one for Gandalf. Oh and this one is for Celeborn and Galadriel. I wish that Haldir could come too." with a sigh I put the envelope next to others.

" You think that Treebeard would come if you'd invite him ?" asked Legolas, playing with the bottle of ink.
" Never try, never know." I showed him a letter painted with green leaves which said Fangorn.
Legolas whistled a short melody and soon about twenty post doves landed on our desk.
Each of them took a letter and flew away to the distance.
" The wedding will be amazing." I thought to myself