Chapter 370: It's Definitely Not That Easy

"Yu... Yao." Yu Yan swept away the demonic beasts and immediately flew over. He glanced at Squad Captain Huang who was no longer in a critical state. "Let's go."

Zhu Yao nodded and then grabbed Nangong Huang off the ground. "Off we go!"

"Wait!" Nangong Cheng reached out towards the ground and seemed to have picked something up, before allowing himself to be pulled by Zhu Yao. Following Yu Yan, they flew towards the cleared path which was blasted open by the lightning strikes.

After flying up did they realize just how many demonic beasts were roaming in the surroundings. The entire place was shrouded in thick darkness. At the very least, their numbers were up in the high thousands. It was no wonder they had circled around the forest without bumping into a single demonic beast. They had all run over here.

Yu Yan summoned a lightning dragon. Zhu Yao did not stay idle either and directly summoned her Life Artifact – 'Patch' Sword. With a light swing, she easily released her sword intent. A phoenix which was formed by red lightning bolts, along with her master's lightning dragon, instantly swept open a single road in front of them.

The demonic beasts that were scattered towards the surroundings, once again began to gather.

"Charge out!" Yu Yan grabbed onto his disciple and flew towards the swept-open path while blowing away the leftover demonic beasts. Zhu Yao was just about to catch up, when she suddenly stopped once more. Lowering her head, she looked at the bottom, at the figure that was standing at the very center of a formation. She could not help but call out. "Hurry."

The figure below was stunned for a moment, and then immediately after, the corners of his lips stretched upwards, looking as if he had just felt the spring breeze. His smile, that looked as though he had been given a new lease of life after being frozen in ice for so long, was as if he had just found hope to continue living on.

Zhu Yao's heart sank, and she somehow began to feel a little irritated as she continued forward. Only then did the figure on the ground flash and appear behind her. He still maintained that considerable distance, but compared to the complete lack of presence before, he seemed to now possess a hint of life.

They flew straight back towards the forest they got lost in, and only after they could no longer hear a single beast howl did they finally stop.

Yu Yan searched for a rather concealed valley so that Nangong Cheng could tend to his wounds. Though his injuries were really severe, since Zhu Yao was able to seal his meridians and protect his Dantian in time, his foundations were not damaged. Adding that he was Demonic Immortal in the first place, he had a powerful body and his recovery power was much faster than regular Deities. After a few hours, the wounds on his body had all begun to close,. Though, a little more time was needed for his severed arm to regrow.

The level above his head dropped by one, from the initial '3' to the '2' now. He was now exactly the same as his gay friend Zhonggu Lu.

"Dongfang girly, really, thank you very much. I... I..."

"No need for thanks, call me Lei Feng! Oh right, where's Little Teal?" Zhu Yao suddenly recalled. "Did the two of you split up? Why are you the only one here?"

"I'm not. He's right here!" Nangong Cheng reached out his hand to pick up a bloodied object that had been placed next to him.

Zhu Yao took a serious look at the thing in his hand. It was completely stained in blood, and was something similar to a bundle of withered grass roots. "This... Is this straw?" And it's harvested too.