Chapter 374: Please Speak Politely

Zhu Yao glanced at the dim surroundings. The place that they were currently in was extremely desolate, and sinister winds blew. Various terrifying and strange noises could be heard. Sometimes, they sounded sharp, while sometimes, they sounded low, and one's skin would crawl just by hearing them. She thought that she had once again returned to the Netherworld.

There was a green barrier surrounding them, and occasionally, there would be hazy shadows bumping into it, emitting out sharp noises.

"Master, this place is... the lower third floor?" The style changed too quickly, didn't it?

"No." Yu Yan shook his head, and his expression sank. "Upper first floor."

"What?" Zhu Yao was stunned for a moment. "Didn't we just exit the lower second floor?" Why were they in the upper first floor now? There were exactly eight floors between them!

"I am uncertain of the cause either." He frowned. He took out the jade tablet they received from the Amway Hall back then, and the words "Upper First Floor" were indeed written on it. "When we crossed floors back then, all of us fell into our heart demon tribulations. Your master was the first to awaken. Most likely, people who pass the heart demon tribulations would be randomly sent to other floors."

So they could actually skip levels! Zhu Yao looked around and saw that there were other Deities as well. Some were lying on the ground unmoving, while there were some who had already woken up and were hesitatingly and uneasily looking at those shadows outside. Though, without a single exception, everyone had a layer of translucent barrier surrounding each one of them. The colours, however, were different. Some were red, some were green, and some were yellow. There were still a row of words above each of their heads – Unknown Deity (Level 10).

Level 10! The hell! All of them are high-leveled players.

"Master, they..." Just as Zhu Yao was about to speak up, she raised her head and was stunned. A row of words were floating above her master's head as well. Yu Yan (Level 10).

Why was she able to see his now!? Was being too levelled the reason why she couldn't see it back then?

She hurriedly turned to look at Yue Ying. A string of words was also written above his head. Yue Ying (Level ??)

"..." What's with those two question marks?

"Dongfang girly, you're awake!" A surprised voice sounded. Nangong Cheng ran over with heavy steps. Next to him was Zhonggu Lu who had already completely recovered his muscular features.

"Hi, Little Huang, Little Teal." Zhu Yao waved her hand and greeted.

"Little..." The corner of Nangong Cheng's lips twitched. As though he had accepted his fate, he sighed. "Nevermind, Little Huang it is then! Dongfang girly, you two have taken too long to fight off your heart demon tribulations. It's been an entire month. You two worried us to death."

"Hoho, sorry for the trouble." Zhu Yao smiled. She turned to look at Yue Ying who was obediently sitting at the side, and did not explain much about it either. "Oh right, where did the two of you go?"

Nangong Cheng's expression turned stern. He took few steps forward and hinted them to sit, before he spoke in a serious tone. "I went to listen in some information. This place is indeed the upper first floor, but it's different from the upper floors from legends."

"What's different?" Zhu Yao asked.

Nangong Cheng and his good homosexual friend Zhonggu Lu exchanged glances, their expressions turned heavy. After a moment, he said. "Everyone believed that the Lightning Divine Tower is split between the lower ten floors and upper ten floors. However, from the situation that I managed to gather, it's different in actuality. The upper floors do not have ten floors."