Chapter 1

Ellis's POV~

        I ran to the airplane but heard yelling. "Nick!" I yelled and ran to Nick, shooting the zombies surrounding him. I helped him up and we get on the airplane, Rochelle and Coach finally came and we left.

       I watched as zombies fell off the edge of the landing zone trying to get to us. We head higher and I sigh in relief.

      I take the AK-47 off my back and set it down. "Where will you be taking us?" Rochelle says fixing her black hair back into a ponytail. The pilot looked through a mirror and smiled.

      "Where we take all the uninfected that we have come across. It's still in New Orleans, but it's been completely blocked off. Especially since I just blew up the bridge. It will be a while, about an hour, so make yourselves comfortable." He says and another guy on the plane gives us blankets and pillows.

      I look at the ends of Nick's suit and couldn't hold in my laughter. "Oh, my gawd Nick! Yer suit is still ruined from the time we were in the swamps?" He looks at me and clenches his jaw.

      "Ellis. I want to forget that okay? Like I said before, brains and stuff can come out but swamp water doesn't." Nick says and I look at him curiously.

      "How do ya know that?" I ask and by then he probably wants to hurt me. "I used to be a ........" I didn't hear the last part but it sounded really weird.

     "What did ya say, Nick? Ah, mitten man? It seems like a weird job." I say and he rolls his eyes, "Ya Ellis I'm a mitten man............. I SAID I was a hitman."

     Rochelle's eyes widen so I guess a hitman was a bad thing. "So you killed people for money?!" She says and I remember how Nick ALREADY had a gun when all 3 of us met in a hotel when the zombie apocalypse started.

     "It wasn't one of us was it Nick?" I ask nervously.

      He shook his head, " If it was one of you guys you would be dead by now. It was a man named Evan Richardson, he was a child molester. Usually, I only have to kill the REALLY bad people, not innocents."

      I sigh in relief, "Dam Nick! Ya got me all worried and shit!" He chuckles. Wow, his laugh is cute. Wait what? Why did I just think that? I shake the weird thought out of my head and start taking my zombie killing gear off.

     I put the AK-47 off of my back and set it down and put my boomer bile, adrenaline shot, desert eagle pistol, and health pack beside it.

    I turned and saw Nick really badly hurt so I grabbed my health pack and walked to him and sat back down.

    "Come 'ere Nick. You need this more than I would." I say and he tries to move," Ellis it's okay, I'm fine." He finally gave in and let me patch him up.

      "All done! And Nick? It's okay to have people help you once in a while, that's what friends are for." I say when I was done and scoot away back to my stuff.

       How long is it until we get to a safe place? I thought and reach for the pillow and blanket the co-pilot had handed out.

       "It okay if I sleep for a bit?" I ask and Rochelle smiled. "Of course Ellis in fact, that seems like a perfect idea it WILL be a while till we land."

     I lay down and my eyes rested on Nick before going to sleep.

(Trinity here! I'm so sorry I never posted the first chapter I thought I did! Well I got to get ready for my piano concert so bye and hopefully I will do a good job on my solo!)