Chapter 4

Ellis's POV~

I felt a pain of guilt inside after I had thought of Zoey and how I was way out of her league but I didn't know why, so I just smiled as if nothing was wrong. "So! There is an empty house over there." Zoey says, pointing to a really big brick house about a mile away.

"You guys can stay there if you want." She finishes and I smile, "Sure!"

Us four leave Zoey, Louis, and Francis, and start walking to the house. When we got to the house we walk in and give ourselves a little tour. Four bedrooms! I thought happily and we all picked a room to sleep in. I put my stuff on the bedside table, just in case something happened, and soon the sun started to come down. But no one could really tell because of all the clouds.

A storm is comin'..... I thought kind of scared. I hated storms, they were the one thing that would automatically jump me out of bed and run to my parents' room. Although that was when I was younger, I still get startled by storms. Saying goodnight to everyone, I closed my door, walked over to my bed and lay down. Taking off my hat I lay it on the bedside table. I soon drifted to sleep and had another nightmare.

~Mini Time Skip~

Waking up in a cold sweat, a boom of thunder got me out of my sleepy state. I sat up and got out of bed. Grabbing my hat, I silently walk to a certain someone's room where I thought I would be more safer.

That certain someone was Nick.

Silently opening the door, Nick looked up startled that someone would come into his room. Thankfully his expression softened when he realized it was just me. "Ellis? Why the hell are you in here?" He asks and I close the door behind me. Acting like a little kid and almost sounding like one I said, "I had ah nightmare and the thunder woke me up."

Laughing and slightly confused, Nick motioned me to come over to him. "So... why did you come to me then?" he asks and I could feel my face heat up. Wait.... why was I blushing? It... it was only Nick...

I sigh, "Because I thought... MAYBE since we're friends an all... I could sleep in here with ya?" 

Looking around, Nick grunted slightly, noticing the only place Ellis would be able to sleep would be either the floor or in the bed with him. He patted the big empty space next to him and I jumped in. "So, Ellis. What type of nightmare was it?" He asks and I look into his perfect blue eyes.

"You..... you died, Nick..... I was all 'lone, everyone..... everyone else had died....." I say and tears form in my eyes. Nick holds his arms out and I lean into him. I blushed really badly and was grateful that it was dark. I nuzzled into his neck and he took my hat off, setting it on the bedside table. Before I fell asleep I silently say, "I think I like ya, Nick." I couldn't believe it FINALLY took me this long to understood all the weird feelings I was having. 

Then, right before I closed my eyes, I hear Nick whisper, "I like you too, Overalls." My eyes widen and my heart starts pounding. I thought he had been already asleep! He moves his head slightly and I lean back just in case I was crushing him. He then pulls my head back to his shoulder and kisses my forehead.

Millions of tiny butterflies formed in my stomach just then. I snuggle closer beside him and soon we both fell asleep.

~Time Skip To Morning~

I woke up and was next to something really warm. I huddled closer to it and realized it was a person. Nick to be exact. He groaned, opening his eyes and looked at me smiling. "Morning Overalls."

He tried to get up but I kept my arms around him. "Stay... please? I'm cold." I say and he laughs, laying back down. Laying my head back down on his chest, the door suddenly opens.

"Hey, Nick? Do you know where.... oh um, nevermind he's with you." Rochelle says and we quickly get off each other. "Oh hey, Rochelle! Haha..., I had a nightmare and came here. What did ya need?" I ask and she smiled. "Zoey came and said she needed to talk to you."

I nodded slightly and Rochelle left. Nick looked down and I felt as if some huge thing was going to happen soon. When making sure Rochelle was gone I get up and started looking for my hat. Nick got up really quick and I noticed his hands were behind his back. I looked at him curiously. "Nick. Give it back." I walk towards him and he steps backward.

Soon his back hit the wall. I cornered him. I hold out my hand and instead of giving me the hat, he grabs my hand and pulls me to him. I lose balance and my lips crash onto his. He turned us both around, making my back hit the wall. He puts my hat on my head and wraps his arms around my waist as I wrap my arms loosely around his neck.

We let go, needing air and I hug him. "I gotta go see what Zoey wants," I say and he kisses my forehead. Smiling, I head out of the room and out of the house. Seeing Zoey, I walk over putting my hands in my pockets.

"Uh hey Zoey! What'cha need?" I ask and she smiled really cutely. "One of our radio guys said they got a signal in Cuba from someone who needs help. About four hours to get there from here. The 'mayor' chose us seven to go and help that person."

I stare at her for a second, gathering up the stuff I just heard and nodded smiling, "Sure Zoey! I'll let the others know." I say and leave.

Walking into the house I heard a lot of yelling. I guess Nick had found an old music player because when I turned the corner I saw him with one and he seemed really frustrated. "Woah there Nick" What's 'rong?" I ask and he looks up. "I don't know how the fuck this thing works! I wanted it to start playing before you got here...."

I walk over and saw a Midnight Riders CD! "Oh my gawd, Nick! Where did ya find this?" I say and he smiled, "In the closet near the steps where the music player was." I use my awesome mechanic skills and in no time got it working. "Gotta reach for the top! Stay on the mountain!" I sang along and Nick held back his laugh. "Every lady's crazy when her daddy's not a'round, da na na na na na na na!"

"So... what did Zoey want?" Nick asks. "She said all seven of us have to go and rescue someone." He looks pissed off and clenches his fist. "We just got out of a hell hole and have to leave now?" He says and I look down. Making sure Coach and Rochelle wasn't around I get on my tiptoes a little bit and kiss his cheek.

"It's okay Nick. But we should start gettin' our stuff together and find Rochelle and Coach." He smiles and goes to find them. Walking to my room I pack some of my stuff and head out to find Zoey, Francis, and Louis at a boat dock.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So! Hopefully, this is longer and I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I will hopefully update sometime this weekend at the earliest or next weekend at the latest. Honestly, I have been writing this fanfiction in real life so when doing cliffhangers or ending a chapter on paper it seems I had a lot more than when I type it. So HOPEFULLY this is longer and thank you so much for reading!

Vote, Comment, and follow if you want more!

~Trin