Chapter 18

Author's Note:
Hi all! I actually really want to know this because it might help me a little with the storyline, but where do you guys think this story is going? What are your predictions? Please comment below! Love you all!

Noah's Perspective:
I pulled into my driveway after dropping Richelle off, and was immediately greeted by a light, coming from the kitchen. My mom was up, and waiting for me.

Going in, she bombarded me with questions about how the date went. She was nosy, but I loved her, she just wanted me to be happy. I described the date to her, and she almost looked like she was about to cry.

"Good job, Noah. I've never seen you happier." she said.

I said, "That's because I've never been more happy."

"That's great, honey. But...don't open your heart completely too soon, or you might get hurt because you're so far ahead of Richelle in that department. She's going to have a much harder time with this, remember to go her pace too, okay?"

I wasn't going to lie, it was actually pretty good advice, and she was probably right. Mothers always are, at least mine. "Thanks, Mom." I hugged her and then went up to bed.

Richelle's Perspective:

I walked in, took my coat off, and padded up to my room. I thought about how Noah was probably telling everything to his mom, and his that would never be the case for me.

I wished that that was the case, but my parents you always be gone, never here. I was always by myself.

The first time I'd ever had a friend was Noah, and that was the first time I hadn't been alone. I'd spent 15 years alone, until Noah. That's why I hated letting people in so much, I'd never had to. Noah was the only person, ever.

If was great to have Noah as more that a friend now, it felt right, and like the right time.

I was going to try to let Noah in, more and more. I felt like he deserved it now, and that it would be good for me.

(The next day at the studio)

Noah's Perspective:

Emily walked in with a big announcement. She said that Michelle had formed a separate troupe, TNS West. She said that no one was allowed to fraternize with any TNS West members.

I was unhappy because I knew that Henry and Amy were on that team. I looked at Richelle and she looked at little hurt at first, but quickly covered it up. I also tried to steal a glance at Piper, but quickly realized that she wasn't here. That was extremely weird, she always came.

"Look, I know these dancers are your friends, but you need to start treating them as if they're your competition." Emily said, a tint of harshness in her voice.

Then, the last thing I expected to happen, happened. Amy walked in, after we were just told to stay away from TNS West dancers. And then she started stretching.

"And Amy will be joining A Troupe." Emily announced, giving the answer to everyone's unvoiced questions.

"But where's Piper?" Josh asked. Amy's face fell, and her eyes got a little glossy.

"It's none of your business." Emily told him.

I was sad about Piper being gone. She was one of my friends, one of the most friendly people that I'd ever met. Not to mention, an amazing dancer. Amy was too, but it seemed unfair. Why couldn't they both just be on this team?

"Richelle, I'll need you to teach Amy the choreography." Emily nodded at her. She looked overjoyed because she'd been given a job. I was glad for her, she was getting to do her job at Dance Captain.

While she was teaching Amy in the corner, the rest of us were reviewing the choreo, until Ozzy, from TNS West, strutted in. What was up with the teams mixing?

He said, "TNS West is doing a Dance-a-thon, so I...kinda need pledges, to raise money for people who can't dance. We're giving a scholarship with the money."

I thought that this was a really good idea, probably organized by Piper, so I said, "You know what? I'll give you $10."

He looked so pleased with what I said, I think I gave him a little bit of extra confidence. So he matched straight up to Richelle and said, "I got a pledge for you. My undying love."

I had a bit of a problem with that—never mind, huge problem with that—so I was relieved when Emily came back in and snapped at him.

"What're you doing here?" she demanded.

"Getting pledges. I'm a little behind." he said, shrugging.

"I'll give you $10 to leave." Emily said.

"How about $100?" Man, this kid was not giving up.

"I'll make it $5." Emily fired back.

"I'll put you down for $10," Ozzy said, speed walking out. That was an eventful rehearsal.

——————

Richelle's Perspective:

I was at the Dance-a-thon with Lola, she had forced me to come. To be honest, I was having a lot of fun. We had danced and talked with all of the A Troupe alumni—Riley, James, Thalia, Eldon—and I'd introduced Lola. I even danced with Ozzy for a little bit because I was feeling kind.

About halfway through, I saw Noah walk in. He had drinks and then went to sit on the bench. "Hey, Noah." I said, joining him.

"Hi, Richelle. How're you?"

"Good. I'm having a lot of fun here." He passed me a drink, and I took it gratefully. Dancing made me tired.

"That's good. Wait, is that old A Troupe?" he asked, noticing them.

"Yep. You should go talk to them." He squeezed my shoulder and then went off to join them. Lola quickly noticed I was alone and grabbed me again, bringing me onto the dance floor.

My smile turned sour when I looked over at Noah, though. He was laughing at smiling with Jacquie. I didn't trust that girl as far as I could throw her.

I quickly left Lola and sprinted over to Noah. "Hey, Noah, do you want to go dance?" He nodded at grabbed my hand, taking me onto the dance floor.

This dance was kind of a couple's dance, everyone had paired up (including James and Riley, as James didn't have to play drums during this song). Noah wrapped his arms around my lower back, pulling me closer to him as I put my hands behind his neck.

We danced slowly, pretty much just moving our feet. We were right next to Jiley, and I swear I saw Riley wink at me.

This was a good night.

Author's Note:
Sorry this one's so long guys, I had to fit a lot in this.