Chp. 2 - The Mysterious Man

Teresa's POV:
          I am working when I see Thomas come in then suddenly run out. I look around confused then I hear shouting and running footsteps. In comes Thomas with Dr. Paige and Janson. They race over to look at the cameras when Janson jumps up on the stage like thing in the center and shouts "WHO PUT AURORA IN THE MAZE!" Everyone stops while I stare in shock when all at once everyone including me shoots up from our desks and run over to the cameras and see Aurora is indeed in the maze when suddenly security comes in with a man with a black mask on. The man looks at the screen then back at us and says "I did". Then there was a huge cloud of smoke and everyone starts caughing and when the smoke clears up the man is gone. WHAT IS GOING ON?! I feel a tear slip down my cheek that I didn't even notice was there, I quickly wipe it off. I mean how would you feel if your little sister was put in the maze.

Aurora's POV: (Before the box)
        I woke up early and I am still in my sleep wear when I decide to take a walk around the building so I take Mr. Bear (her teddy bear) and go for a walk. After walking around for a bit I go back to my room and go to the bathroom and change into jeans and a long sleeve light pink top with butterflys. When I walk out the room it is pitch black and then I feel someone pick me up right as I was about to scream when they inject something in me and I black out.

       I wake up and I realise that I'm in some kind of crate and so I go in the corner behind this round thing. Then the box starts to go up really fast and I start to get scared and so I start to cry I pick up a peice of wood just incase of an emergency. While going up I feel two things in my pocket of the jeans I'm wearing and inside is a note and a necklace. I tried my best to read the note which is a bit hard but I got the jist of it, but who is Aurora, wait I am Aurora. I try to think of anything else I can remember but nothing like I know how to ride a bike but I don't know who taught me when they taught me or where. I break into tears again because I can't remember anything. When suddenly the box I'm in stops. The doors open and a bright light comes in. I try to hide my sobs but one escapes and I quickly cover my mouth with my hand that isnt holding the peice of wood. Then I hear someone talking but only make ot two words, Gally and scared. Gally what is a Gally? Then suddenly there is a thump and the box shakes a bit, I let out a yelp. Then I hear footsteps walking closer and I get ready to throw the peice of wood. The thing moves the round box thingy and I throw the wood. I ignore the sound of someone groaning and quickly crawl away and go behind a different crate. I find a sharp peice of wood and suddenly the crate is lifted up and I point the stick at the thing that moved it. I then see it's a boy and he has dirty blond hair and brown eyes. He looks at me with shock and cofusion then says "It's a little girl" I realise his voice sounds a bit weird but it's a cool weird when suddenly a bunch of boys look in the box. They all gasp and whisper which causes me to get a bit more scared and slump more into the corner. The boy with the funny accent notices and says. "It's alright were not going to hurt you I'm Newt" he puts his hand out and I put the peice of wood down and hand him the note. As he is reading it I stand up and place the necklace in his other hand. He looks at the necklace then at me as if he is studying me. He puts the note and necklace in his pocket and then stretches both hands towards me and says "I'm going to help you out ok" I reply with "okay" in a shaky voice he picks me up and puts me on his hip I cling on to him out of fear as he climbs out. It's then I realise how tired I was and slowly start to fall asleep.

      I wake up in Newts lap and sit up a bit and look around when a boy with dark skin crouches in front of me and says "Welcome to the glade Aurora"

Gally's POV:
        Alby then goes around the circle having us introduce oursleves, but after he introduces only ben, frypan, and himself Aurora cuts him off by asking "What is a Gally?" to which the guys look at me then burst out laughing, I chuckle a bit and the girl looks confused. "I'm Gally it's my name" I say, the girl looks at me when suddenly she climbs off newts lap and waddles over to me almost tripping a few times, the boys look confused as she comes up to me and put her hands on my face and pushes my cheeks together then giggles. Everyone is confused as she does that to everyone, even Alby then she comes back to me and sits in my lap to face everyone. After about 2 minutes of confusion we start to chuckle a bit and continue to introduce ourselves. As they do I look at the little girl and swore that I would do anything to protect her.