Chp. 11 - Thomas

Authors Note:
    I know I said that I will be continuing after the boys escaped but I changed my mind so it's gonna be from when Thomas come up in the box.

    Newts POV:
            It has been 1 year, 9 months, 2 weeks and 3 days since we have seen Aurora. Yes I kept track along with all the boys who knew her. We have a chart counting the days that only we know about. We all have changed. Gally gained serious anger issues, Mihno and Ben started spending more time in the maze, Alby became more closed off, and all the others became gloomier, I tried to end it because of the guilt which only Mihno knows about seeing as he was the one who saved me. No one knows this but while I was unloading the box the next time it came up after Aurora and I found a box with some of her things in it. One thing was a little charm braclet which I took the charm of a crown off and always keep in my pocket. Anyway we were all doing our jobs waiting for the greenie seeing as he was coming up late. As I'm picking some green beans the box alarm goes off and we all go to the box. When it stops me and Fry open the doors and Gally jumps in. "Day one greenie" and with that he pulls him up and we all start taunting him. All of a sudden he jumps up and starts running. "WE GOT A RUNNER" Zart shouts and all the boys start shouting to. He could have the skills to be a runn- ooh nevermind I think as he suddenly facesplants. Gally goes up to him and throws him in the the pit and we all continue our day.

             A little while later Chuck comes up to me and says Alby is looking for me so I go to see him talking to the new greenie. After introducing ourselves we go about our day until it is time for the bonfire.

           I am sitting with the greenie and tell him to take a sip of the drink I got which is Gally's recipe. He takes it and as soon as it hits his tongue he spits it out coughing. "Ugh what is that?" He asks. I chuckle a bit "I don't even know it's Gally's sacred recipe." "Yeah well he is still an asshole." He replies. I contemplate whether or not telling him why and decide that I could trust him. "There is a reason for that" I say and he looks at me confused. "Wh-what do you mean?" I sigh and turn to face him. "About a year almost 2 years ago there was a girl here. Her name was Aurora and one day we were told to throw her in the maze and ever since she never came back he got like that." I say. "Were they you know in love?" The greenie asks and I laugh a bit "Oh god no she was 4 years old that would be disgusting." "She was only 4 years old and living in here?" I just nod my head in response. I take the crown charm out of my pocket and show it to him. "Whats this?" He asks. "It was hers." I simply reply before putting it back in my pocket and deciding to lighten the mood. "Come on your suppose to be our guest of honor." I pull him up despite his words of protests. Long story short he fought Gally and I couldn't exactly tell if he won or not but he found out his name is Thomas after hitting his head.

     Thomas POV:
           I woke up with a start with a hand over my mouth and look up to see Alby putting fingers to his lips as a sign to be quiet. I nod my head and we walk over to a wall with names however some are crossed off. "We do this as kind of a welcoming. Carve your name into the wall." "Wait why are some of the name crossed off?" I ask as I look at the name Aurora crossed off. Alby follows my gaze and sees me looking at her name. "Newt told you huh?" he asked. "Yeah." I reply. "Dark times Thomas dark times." He replies and I walk up to the wall and start carving my name.

   Third Person POV:
           Everyone was doing their jobs while Thomas kept asking Newt question while working in the garden when suddenly he asks a question "Why would you put Aurora in the maze?" This makes all the boys around them freeze up and look at him when Newt takes a step towards Thomas "Now listen here you don't know what happened so how about you take this bucket and go get some fertalizer." He says with a warning tone. Newt tosses Thomas a bucket which he caught in a weird way and walk off towards the area where it is. "Does he really think he can go around asking things like that without knowing the full story?" Zart asks Newt. "No but were lucky he didn't ask it to Gally or else he wouldn't be alive to find out." Newt replies in which Zart shrugs and nods.

          As Thomas is going to find fertailizer he comes across an area that he remembered is called the deadends. He sees something in the distance and walks up to it. He sees a dead flower crown but before he could touch it he hears a twig snap behind him and turns to see Ben breathing heavily. "Ben ar-are you ok?" Thomas asks him "This is your fault it's your fault she is gone." Thomas looks at him confused before his mind went to Aurora. Ben lunges at Thomas and Thomas starts screaming for help. When Thomas gets Ben off of him he quickly runs out of the woods with Ben hot on his tail. "Help help somebody he-" He gets cut off by Ben lunging and pushing him to the ground and get on top of him and starts beating him up. Everyone quickly runs up and Newt hits Ben with a shovel which knocks him off Thomas. Gally, Newt, and Winston hold him down as Chuck checks to make sure Thomas is ok. "Pull up his shirt" Alby demands. "No no no no no no no" Ben cries out as Gally lifts his shirt. "He's been stung in the middle of the day?" Gally asks more so talking to himself. "He did it it's his fault what they did to her." Ben repeats shouting as Gally and Winston drag him away. "HE DID IT TO HER HE DID IT TO AURORA." Is the last thing Ben shouts before being shoved in the pit. Gally walks back and almost all the guys mostly the ones who knew Aurora look at Thomas skeptically except Newt who is looking at the floor with glassy eyes while holding on to the charm in his pocket.