Chp. 8 - Betrayal

Newts POV:
         I go inside the med hut while thinking about what Jeff said. A ball of light? That's not normal or atleast from what I can remember that is not normal. Does Aurora have powers? So many questions are going through my mind when I finally get to the door and gently push it in. Aurora is sitting on the bed breathing heavily while looking at her hands. As I push the door in more it creaked a bit which made Aurora's head shoot up in my direction and her eyes go wide in fear. "Newtie get out I don't wanna hurt you" Aurora says paniced as the ground under the bed she's in starts to turn into ice. "Aurora what's going on?" I ask cautiously as the ice patch is getting bigger and bigger. "I I don't know but I don't want to hurt you Newtie so get out." Aurora says panicking. I ignore her request and grab her tiny hands in mine in a comforting way. "It's ok calm down Aurora, I may not know what is going on but you need to calm down ok so breathe with me." I say and we start to breathe together as the ice patch melts away. "What's happening to me?" Aurora asks while looking down at her hands. "I don't know Aurora I wish I did." I replied. I cautiously sit next to her and she snuggles up to me. It doesn't take long before she falls back asleep. I carefully tuck her in then go outside and see everyone waiting.

        "What happened?" "Is she ok?" "What did Jeff mean by a ball of light?" A buch of questions were being fired at me at once and it was a lot to take in thankfully Alby notices. "Alright alright calm down now Newt can you explain?" "Well it may sound strange but-" I take a deep breath "I think Aurora has powers." I explain nervously. Everyone is silent before someone says "Are they dangerous." "I- I don't know." I replied. What are we going to do?

Time Skip- a week later still Newts POV:

      It's been a week and in that period of time we threw Trevor in the maze and havn't seen him since, Aurora learned how to control her new powers and we figured out that she has many some are from emotions, fear is ice, happy is nature (Like making flowers grow), sad is rain, and angry is fire, there is also the one that can heal her. We are all a little cautious now because we don't want anything to happen. I was sleeping when I suddenly get a dream and little did I know that everyone that night except Aurora got that same dream.

"Throw Aurora in the maze and rain will come and water your crops and if not your food supply will run out. Throw Auora in the maze and rain will come and water yourcrops and if not your food supply will run out." This voice kept repeating.

     I awake with a start and notice so has everyone else. "Did everyone just have the same dream throwing Aurora in the maze or just me." Mihno asks. We all say we did to and look at Aurora who is peacfully sleeping when we hear a familiar rumbling and look outside to see the maze doors opening. "Did the voice mean now?" Gally asks. "Should we do it?" Zart asks. "She survived once and she has her powers and if we don't do this our food supply will run out I don't think we ave much of a choice." George responds and we all reluctently agree. Thats when Aurora wakes up and we all look at eachother and nod and in one swift motion Mihno threw a bag over her head. I quickly put her necklace in her pocket. She is squirming around and screaming.

   We make it to the doors and put her in before running out. Right when we got out the doors started to close and Aurora rips the bag off her head. She looks at us in confusion before realizing where she is and starts panicking. "WHATS GOING ON WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" She shouts at us and then a single tear falls down her face and the doors close shut.