Chp. 6 - The Maze

Newts POV:
   I wake up and I feel something heavy in my lap. I look down to see Aurora sleeping with tear stains on her face. I realize that I have to get up but since Aurora didn't get much sleep last night I just pick her up carefully and go downstairs. When I get downstairs I see the boys minus Trevor frantically looking around. "What's going on." I ask. "Aurora has gone missi-" I clear my throught cutting Minho off and nodding towards the sleeping Aurora in my arms. They all make 'o' faces. "Why were you with Aurora" Alby asks. "The screaching woke her up and she got scared so she came to my room and stayed there over night and she is still sleeping. Also if you look at her face you can tell she has been crying." I reply, George comes up and sees her face and gives her a worried look. "She will probably be sleeping the whole day she kept waking up because of the noises." I add. All the boys nod their heads in understanding.

     It's been a few hours and I'm working in the gardens with Aurora on a little makeshift matress because when she wakes up we know she doesn't like to be alone so she is basically just hanging out with me while she is sleeping. As I'm picking some green beans I hear a little whimper coming from Aurora. I look at her and she is still sleeping so I carefully go up to her and it looks like she is having a nightmare. I gently shake her while whispering her name. All at once she shoots up waking up and frantically looks around and when she sees me she throws her little arms around me and starts to cry. "Did you have a nightmare?" I ask and she nods so I ask "Do you wanna talk about it" and to my surprise she nods her head yes. "You died Newtie and it was from a monster and it was scary." She cries. I rub her back while whispering that everything is ok. "I have to work so do you wanna go to Gally for a bit." I ask and she nods her head still crying a bit. I pick her up and she wraps her legs around my waist even though they don't go fully around. I look around the glade and see Gally just finished what he was working on for the day so I go up to him.

   "Gally can you please watch Aurora she had a bad dream and is upset." I say and Gally nods his head without hesitation. I hand him Aurora and she does the same she did to me by wrapping her arms around his neck and legs around his waist. I nod in thanks and go back to work unaware of the horrific events that will take place later tonight.

Few Hours Later

    Aurora has calmed down and is her usual happy self. Itis starting to get a bit dark and we hear the doors start to close but then we hear a scream.

Trevors POV:
     I have a plan I am going to take the child and throw her into the corridor right when the doors close and hopefully this time she doesn't return. I grab a bag that previously held potatos and make my way over to her. I sneak up behind her and put the bag over her head. She starts to kick and scream which sadly caught the attention of everyone else. I quickly make my way over to the walls which are almost fully closed when the boys catch up and start yelling to put her down. I rip off the bag and throw her into the corridor hoping to never see her again.

Auroras POV:
    I was walking around the glade just enjoying everything when someone throws a bag over my head. I start to kick and scream when I suddenly hear the doors which are closing. I hear the boys shouting and running foot steps when the bag is ripped off my head and I look up to see Trevor. He throws me into the corridor right when the doors completely shut with a big boom. I try to stand but quickly fall over to a pain in my left ankle. I start to cry again when I hear the screaching noises again. I carefully get up and limp over to the end of the path. As I look to my right thats when I see it. A huge monster with big legs and a werid looking body. It starts to come at me but I quickly run away. As I'm running I see a little opening under one wall with vines covering it up so I quickly crawl under there but I slipped a bit and once I made my way under I hit my head on some rock. I lift my hand to my head and bring it infront of me to see blood. I hear the noise of the monster again and tuck more into the wall. Thankfully the thing passes by.

Jansons POV:
   It was almost night and me and Dr.Paige were watching Aurora run around when Trevor picked her and threw her in the maze. Me and Dr.Paige started to get really nervous. What can we do?

Mihnos POV:
    Trevor just threw Aurora in the maze and yet again Nick lunges at him except this time no one tries to stop him because we are to scared on what could happen to her. "Tomorrow morning I will go in there and look for her." I say. Alby just looks at me and nods. Nick hesistantly gets off Trevor who is now passed out. I can tell everyone is nervous which makes things worse. With a sigh I sit up against the wall waiting for sunrise and hopefully I can find Aurora in the morning

Auroras POV:
    I start to feel a little dizzy which is not good. I wait until I see the sun start to rise up when I crawl out from under the wall. My ankle still really hurts so I use the wall to help. The more I walk the more dizzy and weak  I start to feel until I fall and everything goes black.