CHAPTER FOUR

THEY FOUND TWO MORE BODIES. Rossi woke us up this morning, his screaming echoing through the halls of the quiet hotel. He nearly broke our hotel door down with now hard he was pounding on the wood. His impatience lead him to shouting through the door the discovery, two more bodies. The unsub hadn't followed his timeline, it has barely been twenty-six hours, he still had 10 more to go, and his victims has doubled. Rossi urged us on as JJ and I quickly changed out of our sleepwear. After we were semi acceptable we rushed to follow the older man to the lobby, where we find a very tired, very worried group of agents.

"Two more bodies in less then forty-eight hours?" Derek questions, his eyes far to attentive and alert for three in the morning.

"He's devolving."

"Who are the victims?" Hotch asks one of the three officers that stand among us.

"Didn't recognize em'." One of them shrugs. "Must be tourists."

"We're working on identifying them now." One that appears to be the highest ranking among the three steps forward, pulling out a small notebook. "Both females, caucasian, found with slit throats, and stab wounds through their chest and torso. Their eyes gouged out, just like the others."

"Who found them?" Rossi asks.

"Josh Felton. He is at the station now."

"Good." Hotch acknowledged before turning to us. "JJ, the reporters for the local paper and radio station are out front, don't give away any specifics, just reiterate the profile. Morgan, I need you to interview Felton at the station bring one of the departments officers as your second, show them how we handle our interviews, give Garcia and Cypher a ride there- I need you ladies to be on standby. Reid, and I will scout the new crime scene. Prentiss, and Rossi go interview the locals at the nearby bar, someone must have seen something."

I blink. Heavy eyes struggling to stay open, and I miserably fail in an attempt to cover a yawn with the back of my hand as people begin dispersing.

Of course the unsub had to make his next kill at this ungodly hour.

"Tired, lil' sunshine?" Derek smirks as he and Penelope usher me out towards one of the vehicle's. Both on either side of me, protecting my small frame as we passed the half dozen reporters that are currently swarming around JJ.

"Not at all. I love running off of no sleep. It's my favorite thing! I'm actually thrilled right now can't you tell?" They laugh at my sarcasm as we all climb into the large suv.

The drive to the police station was quiet, I assume everyone is just to exhausted, or nervous to try to make conversation. My forehead rests against the warm glass of the car window as we drive down the very streets I had drawn merely hours ago. They all seem strangely familiar, as if I've been here before. A soft sigh leaves me as my eyes fall on bright yellow police tape the color cutting through the darkness of the early hour.

Two more bodies.

Those women are dead. They will get to sleep forever.

Lucky.

Morgan disappears from site as soon as we enter the police station, off to interview the man who found the victims. Garcia blinks multiple times as she try's to get her computer systems up and running, to be ready to help out at a moments notice.

Hotch had called an hour later from the crime scene, saying they discovered a small mistake that could help point to an unsub. A half inch piece of wood, probably coming from the handle of the murder weapon, was found clutched in one of the victims hands.

There is really nothing for me to do. I'm no longer sleepy, and I'm just aching to do something productive, anything is better than just sitting here.

"Would you like me to get you some coffee?" I ask a still very tired Penelope as I stand from the table, already predicting her response.