1.5

a/n : guys that bucky and sam trailer was SO FUNNY and for what??? anyways here yall go

please like, comment, and react!

✰✰✰

IT'S THE NEXT MORNING.

Spencer is sulking in her room, messing with her homework but not really focusing on it. She couldn't get herself to focus on anything since last night, and of course, it was making her more agitated that she stuck herself in this room.

And yes, she called Bruce back. He didn't answer, so she messaged him, offering an apology for not replying immediately. Given, it was a short, not very genuine reply, but Spencer didn't feel bad.

At about 8:45, there's a knock at Spencer's door. She's skimming pages of her summer reading when she hears it. She thinks she is hallucinating for a hot second, but then the sound is there again. To avoid agents coming after her, Spencer hopped off her bed and pulled the door open.

It's Pietro. He looked uncomfortable and irritated, and his expression did not change when he looked down at Spencer.

She shifted awkwardly, inching the door closed to her.

"What do you want?" she asked.

"Wanda sent me," Pietro admitted stiffly.

Spencer paused. "Okay."

It takes Pietro a second to speak again. "Wanda thinks I was... rude."

"You were," Spencer replied automatically.

"Oh really?" Pietro shoots back. "And you were completely innocent-"

"If you're here to be an ass, you can leave," Spencer told him, seriously. She had spent half the night trying to avoid crying, and this was not the wake-up call she wanted.

Pietro rolled his eyes, and Spencer went to shut herself back into her bedroom.

"They used to look at her the same way," he said, and Spencer delayed closing the door. She turned to him, carefully. "Wanda is powerful," Pietro continued. "More than she was meant to be. It scares them."

Them. He says it so nonchalantly, so dismissively, Spencer has to attach the agents to the pronoun.

"It made her upset," Pietro told Spencer, his voice itching from cool to... something warmer. "It was not easy for her."

Spencer paused. She stared up at the blue-eyed silver-haired boy for a good five seconds before letting out a mix of a laugh and scoff. "Was that your idea of a pep talk? Or an apology?"

"I have nothing to apologize for," Pietro insisted.

Spencer's eyes got impossibly wider, but before anything else could happen, Wanda appeared next to them.